Paris by night - France - Part 5

Old April 28th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
tom

Default Paris by night - France - Part 5

Hello,

2 news pictures in my web : Paris by night
http://www.tomcuss.fr/webphoto/Paris...1978m_site.htm
http://www.tomcuss.fr/webphoto/Paris...c2007_site.htm

The serie is here : http://www.tomcuss.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm

Thank's for visits and comments.

Regards,

Tom
http://www.tomcuss.fr
(enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

Old April 28th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Soren

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

Soren

On Apr 28, 10:26 am, "tom" wrote:
Hello,

2 news pictures in my web : Paris by nighthttp://www.tomcuss.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/slides/Place_Concorde_ds...http://www.tomcuss.fr/webphoto/Paris...ce_Concorde_ds...

Old April 28th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
tom

"Soren" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

Soren

Thanks for comment.

I use D200, Nikon 17/55 f/2,8 and Capture NX for traitement

Regards

tom
http://www.tomcuss.fr
(enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

Old April 29th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.
--
Neil
reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email
Old April 29th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Gartshore

In article , cral.elllwood2
@btopenworld.com says...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

Yes. Most are just as willing to talk about techniques and materials as
they are about their, much more nebulous, 'inspiration' or 'vision'.

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.

Is it dark up there ?

T.
--
Do Binary Tripods have 11 legs ?
Old April 29th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jackson Bryan

"Neil Ellwood" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.
--
Neil

Touchy insecure amateur, does'nt know enough so won't share the little he
knows.
And to the contrary, a secure painter would have no problem telling what
brushes produced what effect as it would have no bearing on genius.

Eyeroll

JB

Old April 29th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jackson Bryan

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message
In article , cral.elllwood2
@btopenworld.com says...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

Yes. Most are just as willing to talk about techniques and materials as
they are about their, much more nebulous, 'inspiration' or 'vision'.

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.

Is it dark up there ?

T.

LOL!

JB

Old April 29th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

Well, I'm not a painter. I wouldn't understand his answers.

I *do* love the old joke that the difference between painters and
photographers is that two painters can talk for hours without once
mentioning brushes. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be true, from my
experience hanging around with SF artists at conventions; they *do* seem
to like to talk about tools and techniques.

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.

It's certainly true that the tools is just a tool. However, if I don't
know how to produce those results, I couldn't have made the image even
if I had had the vision; asking about the tech isn't completely crazy.
Old April 30th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Soren

On Apr 29, 10:58 am, Neil Ellwood
wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
Hi,

Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
etc that he used?

This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
into the image.
--
Neil
reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

LOL! So the guy has beautiful pictures and I can't ask him how he
produced his results? i.e. Learn a little from the artist?

I think you're missing the point here.. To make great pictures like
these requires two things: the right equipment, and talent for
choosing the right locations, setup etc. He can show med the brushes
and the paint.. but he can't really teach me to paint beautiful
pictures, but with the right equipment i can practice.

To me it would seem arrogant to think of yourself so much as an artist
that even your equipment is a secret. It's not a recipe for coca cola
we are talking about!

So in answer to your question, yes i do think a brilliant artist would
be willing to discuss technique after I commented on his picture. I
have no idea how you find that insulting... but maybe you weren't
really serious?

Soren