marked jump in my quality

Old July 5th 04, 02:04 PM
Lloyd Erlick

Default marked jump in my quality

jul504 from Lloyd Erlick,

Ken Smith wrote:

Thanks to this group I have become a homebrew
addict, and have seen a marked jump in my quality.

--
I've seen an improvement in my general abilities in
photography, too, over the time I've watched this newsgroup.

Working from bulk chemicals is one improvement I've made; so
is using a glass negative carrier.

There is also the matter of exposure, of which formerly I
had only the most slender grasp.

My knowledge (and understanding...) of (photo) chemistry has
progressed significantly, even though I already had the keen
insight of a high school graduate.

Before tuning in to rpd, I had long since abandoned FB
materials and used RC exclusively. Because of this newsgroup
(the people in it, that is...) I put forth the effort to
learn how to make decent FB prints. In fact, my quest for FB
led me to improve my darkroom methods in general, and the
advice I received from the various centuries of accumulated
experience here enabled me to work on FB prints in a
pleasant, odorless, convenient environment with no
unnecessary work or waste motion.

I've saved uncounted bales of cash, too, thanks to the folks
here. Just mixing fixer from dry chemicals versus buying jug
after jug at the store has gladdened the cheapskate in me.
Endless discussion of such things as formulas and
ingredients has led to a very cheap fixer for me!

Without the garrulous company of like minded redlighters, I
might have got myself a job with a pension!

regards,
--le

Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326