Canon and Panasonic: updated models

Old May 28th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
C. Werner

Default Canon and Panasonic: updated models

On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:55:01 -0700 (PDT), DanP
wrote:

On May 28, 2:40*am, John Navas wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:22:59 -0700, SMS
wrote in :

On 27/05/10 4:22 PM, Bowser wrote:

Uh, not really. I own an FZ35 and while I love it, it's clearly not in
the same league as any DSLR with regards to image quality or AF speed.
Not to say it's bad; it's quite good. But nowhere near a DSLR.

You've got to understand the issue here. Apparently our favorite troll
has an FZ-35/FZ-38 so by default that camera becomes the perfect camera
and it can have no faults.

Unlike you and I, who could objectively look at most any item we own and
point out both its highs and lows to someone who inquires about it,
there are people that immediately after purchasing an item feel
compelled to justify the purchase to the entire world and make it clear
that their purchasing decision was in fact the best possible one. It's
deep-seated insecurity that causes this behavior.

The reality is that it at low ISO settings the FZ-35/FZ-38 produces
acceptable results, and it has many highly desirable features.
But it is neither the best quality ZLR in terms of noise or image
quality, nor is it anywhere close to quality of a D-SLR.

The actual reality is that you have zero experience with any of these
cameras, and have no idea what you're talking about.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams

Erm, have you ever tried a DSLR?

DanP

I sold my favorite one (and gave a couple away) when I found out that
high-quality P&S cameras were far more adaptable and versatile with just as
good, if not better, image quality in some of them. You might want to
actually compare cameras some day and put them through their paces instead
of listening to all the insecure trolls online trying to justify why they
wasted so much money trying to get their DSLRs to get decent snapshots. If
you had as many wide-ranging creative requirements as I do for my
photographic gear, and could actually think for yourself, you'd ditch your
DSLRs too.

Old May 29th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Kerby

wrote in :

[...]

**** OFF, lying troll. You and NavAss need to join hands and dance down
Lombard Street, while clicking away with your P.O.S. P & S at all the other
fruits. Bliss, I tell ya!

Old May 29th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George Kerby

On 5/28/10 3:29 PM, in article
, "DanP"

wrote in :

[...]

If you want to keep on this muppet show you have to answer as John
Navas.
Otherwise why do you answer my question directed to him?

DanP

Could be? Hummm!