adapters for Canon EF mount

Old February 26th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
marc4ucb

Default adapters for Canon EF mount

Is there an adapter that will allow me to mount an Nikon E series
accessory or lens on a Canon EF body?

Is there an adapter that will allow me to mount a Canon EF lens on a
Nikon E series accessory?

Is there a comprehensive list of adapters fro Canon EF mounts?

How does one go about finding an adapter when one needs to?
Old February 26th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

marc4ucb wrote:
Is there an adapter that will allow me to mount an Nikon E series
accessory or lens on a Canon EF body?

Nikon E? I've never heard of such a lens mount or camera.
Did you mean Nikon F?

jue
Old February 26th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

marc4ucb wrote:
Is there an adapter that will allow me to mount an Nikon E series
accessory or lens on a Canon EF body?

Nikon E? I've never heard of such a lens mount or camera.
Did you mean Nikon F?

nikon series e lenses were the consumer line of nikon lenses back in
the 80s or so.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mfgfg20/eserie
slenses/index.htm

adapters for nikon lenses on canon bodies exist, and there is even one
that converts the canon protocol to nikon protocol so that g type
lenses (no aperture ring) can work.

there are no adapters for canon ef lenses on a nikon body -- the canon
mount is too big to fit on a nikon body.
Old February 26th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

nospam wrote:
In article , Jürgen Exner
Nikon E? I've never heard of such a lens mount or camera.
Did you mean Nikon F?

nikon series e lenses were the consumer line of nikon lenses back in
the 80s or so.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mfgfg20/eserie
slenses/index.htm

Interesting, thank you.
So they were normal consumer level F mount lenses after all.

jue
Old February 26th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
marc4ucb

Thanks for your answer.

This is why I'm interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=300200631374&ssPageName=STRK:ME WA:IT&ih=020

This Nikon bellows would be very useful to me if I can use it with my
Canon 40D. If I can mount my Canon lenses on it it would be even more
useful.

Other solutions for my needs are in excess of $1,200.00. This would
be a very economical way for me to pursue my interest in architectural
photography.

On Feb 26, 10:29*am, nospam wrote:
In article , Jürgen Exner

Old February 26th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

marc4ucb wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

This is why I'm interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300200631374&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

This Nikon bellows would be very useful to me if I can use it with my
Canon 40D. If I can mount my Canon lenses on it it would be even more
useful.

Other solutions for my needs are in excess of $1,200.00. This would
be a very economical way for me to pursue my interest in architectural
photography.

That's not going to work for architectural photography, only closeups.
It is possible to mount an 80mm enlarger lens (with difficulty) or
longer medium format lens and get tilt/shift at infinity but not with
that 50mm lens.

Old February 27th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Richard J Kinch

marc4ucb writes:

This Nikon bellows would be very useful to me if I can use it with my
Canon 40D. If I can mount my Canon lenses on it it would be even more
useful.

Yes, this is a good way to get a costly bellows by upgrading an obsolete
format. I have converted bellows in this manner with a little work in my
machine shop. You simply remove the front and back items and replace them
with your desired mounts. Typically you have to drill some precision holes
into the new mounts, but the mounts themselves you can obtain from
inexpensive T-mount adapters (for the lens mount) and extension tube kits
(for the body mount).

Of course there are no electrical connections, so it's a strictly manual
conversion, no autofocus or aperture setting.
Old February 27th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
marc4ucb

On Feb 26, 6:50*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
marc4ucb writes:
This Nikon bellows would be very useful to me if I can use it with my
Canon 40D. *If I can mount my Canon lenses on it it would be even more
useful.

Yes, this is a good way to get a costly bellows by upgrading an obsolete
format. *I have converted bellows in this manner with a little work in my
machine shop. *You simply remove the front and back items and replace them
with your desired mounts. *Typically you have to drill some precision holes
into the new mounts, but the mounts themselves you can obtain from
inexpensive T-mount adapters (for the lens mount) and extension tube kits
(for the body mount).

Of course there are no electrical connections, so it's a strictly manual
conversion, no autofocus or aperture setting.

Thanks Novotech Balpro makes a adapter that connects the electronics.
I may add some day.