Should I get Sandisk 256mb or 256 Ultra II memory card

Old June 24th 04, 04:37 PM
Ron Baird

Default Should I get Sandisk 256mb or 256 Ultra II memory card

Hi Tech,

If you are only going to use the card for the camera, then it will not make
a difference as the camera will write at only one speed regardless of the
speed feature of the card. If you have plans to use the card in other
devices, then consider the faster card.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Tech" wrote in message
I will be buying a Kodak DX7440 and was wondering if I should spend the
extra bucks and go with the Sandisk Ultra II 256mb card instead of the
standard 256mb Sandisk card. Will I notice a difference in write speed
when taking pictures? What is the advantage of the Ultra over the
standard?

Thanks.

Old June 24th 04, 05:01 PM
Pete

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:37:30 -0400, Ron Baird wrote:

Hi Tech,

If you are only going to use the card for the camera, then it will not make
a difference as the camera will write at only one speed regardless of the
speed feature of the card.

Ron:

Does this apply to all cameras, or is your comment limited to the DX7440?

I ask because I've seen a posting where measured write times were several
times shorter with the Ultra II when used with a Panasonic FZ-10 camera.

Pete