Problems with Canon BGE2 Battery Grip?

Old March 23rd 05, 07:12 PM
Winston

Default Problems with Canon BGE2 Battery Grip?

According to the Yahoo Canon 20D group, Canon has recently redesigned
the grip. Make sure your serial number is 6000 or higher before you buy
it. I know, that's hard to do online, if not impossible. This might be
one time to give your local camera dealer some business to help keep
him open.

-Winston

Old March 23rd 05, 07:48 PM
Winston

Somone in the group just mentioned there might be a large red dot on
the redesigned ones. This is just what I read, can't vouch for either
the serial # or the red dot.

I'm planning on buying one too, but I'll wait a month or so to play it
safe.

Good luck.

-Winston

Old March 23rd 05, 09:03 PM
Joseph Meehan

John A. Stovall wrote:
I've been thinking about one of these but it had several negative
reviews on Amazon.

Have any of you used it and how is the fit and stability of it. Or
does in lose connectivity?

"Les livres font les époques et les nations,
commes les époques et les nations font les livres."

_Mélanges littéraires_
Jean-Jacques Ampère
(1800-1864)

I have had mine on my camera almost all the time since I got it and have
not had a problem at all.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old March 24th 05, 02:17 PM
Winston

A) What's the serial number on it?

B) The problem usually surfaces when the grip is flexed such as when
you're carrying it by the grip with a large telephoto or zoom is
attached. It's probably just fine with lighter weight lenses.

-Winston

Old March 24th 05, 05:24 PM

Winston wrote:
According to the Yahoo Canon 20D group, Canon has recently redesigned
the grip. Make sure your serial number is 6000 or higher before you

buy
it.

Where is the serial number located? It's not on the grip, and not on
the box.

There is a stamping on the plastic, 040881, but it isn't a serial
number.

There is an "EAN/JAN code" printed on the box, 4 96099 9243788, and the
UPC code.

Old March 24th 05, 11:20 PM
Gizmo

wrote in message
ups.com...

Winston wrote:
According to the Yahoo Canon 20D group, Canon has recently redesigned
the grip. Make sure your serial number is 6000 or higher before you

buy
it.

Where is the serial number located? It's not on the grip, and not on
the box.

On the underside of the battery grip. Its stamped into the plate that
surrounds the tripod mount.

Old March 25th 05, 01:24 AM

John A. Stovall wrote:
I've been thinking about one of these but it had several negative
reviews on Amazon.

Have any of you used it and how is the fit and stability of it. Or
does in lose connectivity?

Mine fits good. Bought it on Amazon last week. I don't know if it's the
redesigned one or not, but it certainly doesn't flex, so maybe it's the
new one (040881), which is greater than 6000, thoigh I find it
difficult to believe that they've made that many of these grips
already.

I noticed a little weirdness in the battery indicator when using the
grip. Once it showed the battery almost empty, even though it was fully
charged. I moved the battery to the other side of the grip and it
worked fine. Then I moved it back and it worked fine.

I certainly don't like this grip as much as the one for my EOS-5,
especially having to remove the battery compartment door to use the
grip. But I suppose that most people keep the grip on there all the
time.