Olympus sticking with m4/3rds?

Old December 16th 18, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Olympus sticking with m4/3rds?

On 16/12/2018 00:11, Savageduck wrote:

Nikkor, especially FF Nikkor glass. Though I have to admit some of the latest
top end Fuji glass is not exactly inexpensive.

We'll all have to stop raving about how good it is!

(Currently a bit scared of my new X-T3)

:-)
Old December 16th 18, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 16, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articleFamdnaQURdVU3ovBnZ2dnUU78eWdnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 16/12/2018 00:11, Savageduck wrote:

Nikkor, especially FF Nikkor glass. Though I have to admit some of the
latest
top end Fuji glass is not exactly inexpensive.

We'll all have to stop raving about how good it is!

(Currently a bit scared of my new X-T3)

-)

Aah! You pulled the trigger on the X-T3. The performance improvement over the
X-T2 is quite amazing. Enjoy.

BTW; I had to treat mine to some new glass so I bought a used XF16-55mm
f/2.8, so with my other Fuji glass I have a set up which is every bit a match
for the FF cameras from Nikon, Canon, and Sony at a massive discount.

Savageduck

Old December 16th 18, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Nikon still sells more APS-C DSLRs than FF even with their odd entry into
the mirrorless world.

Yes, but I have a feeling that Nikon might abandon their APS-C
cameras.

not any time soon. they greatly outsell the full frame models.

Nikon made the switch to mirrorless for FF, but they
didn't launch any mirrorless APS-C camera and swinging mirror
cameras are going to die.

not entirely, and also not any time soon.
Old December 16th 18, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 16/12/2018 14:28, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 16, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articleFamdnaQURdVU3ovBnZ2dnUU78eWdnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 16/12/2018 00:11, Savageduck wrote:

Nikkor, especially FF Nikkor glass. Though I have to admit some of the
latest
top end Fuji glass is not exactly inexpensive.

We'll all have to stop raving about how good it is!

(Currently a bit scared of my new X-T3)

-)

Aah! You pulled the trigger on the X-T3. The performance improvement over the
X-T2 is quite amazing. Enjoy.

BTW; I had to treat mine to some new glass so I bought a used XF16-55mm
f/2.8, so with my other Fuji glass I have a set up which is every bit a match
for the FF cameras from Nikon, Canon, and Sony at a massive discount.

I shall get the 100-400 in the spring. I was a bit disappointed that
using the cheap XC 50-230 at full stretch the autofocus wasn't quite
getting it right. This wasn't high speed stuff at all. But obviously I
do need to practice and explore all the (many) options more carefully. I
am also looking forward to trying the video with the advantage of an
external mike socket. I currently use a Tascam recorder for main audio
with a static Canon video camera, and the Fuji XE-1 to do "infill"
clips, all manually synchronised. (This is recording live music, but
with a bluetooth feed off the desk to the Tascam).

I'm certainly tempted by the 16-55 too.
Old December 16th 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 16, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articlesoydnYsoKMO0JYvBnZ2dnUU78QXNnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

[...]

I bought the 100-400mm back when the sales season started in September, and
it does a great job.

This was with the X-T2 before the X-T3 was delivered.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh8q323iuyle153/DSCF6922-E2.jpg

Back when I first bought my X-E2 I had considered the XC50-230mm, but bought
the 55-200mm with a $200 discount some 2 years ago, and I am very pleased
with what that has delivered.

Also an X-T2 shot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwwov7yanz74rem/DSF6645R1E3.jpg

Savageduck

Old December 16th 18, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 16/12/2018 21:13, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Impressive. I bought my tele with an X-E1 about 4 years ago. I got the
10-24 when it was on offer instead. I like a really wide lens for
indoors because you can frame to crop well off-centre and keep walls and
ceilings perpendicular. Yes I know you can do all that in software too,
these days, but I am old fashioned.

Old December 16th 18, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 16, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articleptGdnflJQ4OTXovBnZ2dnUU78IHNnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

[...]

Agreed. However, I don’t do too much indoors.

I also have the 16mm f/1.4 which is probably the best glass I have ever
owned, and does great service on both the X-T3, & X-E3 (though it looks a
bit out of place on the X-E3). Back in October just after I got the X-T3, I
took both bodies to an airshow. Here is the sort of thing I got from the X-E3
+16mm, and one shot with the X-T3 + 100-400mm, but a little closer in.

X-E3 + 16mm:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HZnLNSH/0/f0ede005/X3/i-HZnLNSH-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-zNMfRMX/0/584ebac3/X3/i-zNMfRMX-X3.jpg

X-T3 + 100-400mm: