Sigma Digital SLR Cameras.

Old June 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Georgette Preddy

Default Sigma Digital SLR Cameras.

John McWilliams wrote in message news:OhWCc.116181$0y.112976@attbi_s03...
Laurence Matson wrote:

John McWilliams wrote in message news:BJhCc.96372$Sw.89183@attbi_s51...

You left out an important bit...
" He, the imposter/Troll/whatever "Mr. Preddy" believes that:
The current implementation of the Foveon chip is superior to all other chip
technologies.

John,

I am not sure that "Preddy" is really going out on a limb with a claim
like that. In terms of technology, there are a lot of people -
including many inside Canon and Sony - who believe the *technology* is
superior. Whether the current implementation is superior is something
one could debate about.

That's been "debated" to death. Only you and GP claim a ~3.3 MP Foveon
chip gives results as good as a ~6.3 MP Nikon or Canon.

I'd be happy to test out any new Foveon based dSLR when one is made
whose end product is as good as or better than prosumer cameras from the
Bayer tech. folks.

The SD9 has roughly 3X the full color reslution of the Canon 10D, but
the 10D really fits more in the higher end P&S class than the pro
class, with only 1.5M RGB triples. Here are some real world
results...

http://www.pbase.com/canon10d_sigmasd9
http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_05/essay.html
Old June 26th 04, 03:31 PM
Georgette Preddy

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in message t...
"Biff Mullins" wrote in message
m...

Thinking about buying the Sigma DSLR. Either the SD9 or the SD10.
Is the SD10 worth the extra money? What would be the best lens to

start out with.

Oh yeah, does anyone know when that Foveon point and shoot will be

available?

If you need higher ISO settings, the SD10 is the better choice. If
you shoot at lower ISO settings as I do (I'm just a causal
photographer) than the SD9 is just fine. IMO the 50mm EX lens is a
great starting point with either camera.

I don't know of anyone who knows anything about digital who shoots
above the lowest ISO setting.
Old June 26th 04, 03:52 PM
Phil Wheeler

Georgette Preddy wrote:

I don't know of anyone who knows anything about digital who shoots
above the lowest ISO setting.

Which simply proves that you know no one who knows anything about
digital. We already have concluded that you are in that category, Giorgio.

Old June 26th 04, 04:12 PM
John McWilliams

Default [OT] Sigma Digital SLR Cameras.

Laurence Matson wrote:

[...]

The SD9 has roughly Snipped bits out

The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
other pseudonyms) has grown tiresome.

--
John McWilliams
Old June 26th 04, 04:38 PM
Phil Wheeler

John McWilliams wrote:

The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
other pseudonyms) has grown tiresome.

I'm coming to the conclusion that "they" are out to destroy what little
credibility Sigma has left. Having GP's support, along with his
erroneous technical statements, is doing them no favor.

I wonder if he works for Canon?

Phil

Old June 26th 04, 04:54 PM

In message ,
(Georgette Preddy) wrote:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_05/essay.html

Why does the vertical chart (horizontal resolution) fail to resolve at
all with the SD9? I see noise more than I see lines.
--

John P Sheehy

Old June 26th 04, 09:32 PM
John McWilliams

Phil Wheeler wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:

The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
other pseudonyms) has grown tiresome.

I'm coming to the conclusion that "they" are out to destroy what little
credibility Sigma has left. Having GP's support, along with his
erroneous technical statements, is doing them no favor.

I wonder if he works for Canon?

That's certainly been speculated on before, but I'd give several hundred
reasons a week why that's unlikely.
--
John McWilliams

Old June 26th 04, 10:59 PM
Vladamir30

Plenty of people who know about digital set the ISO above the lowest setting
when that's called for.

om...