Wearing phot vest at Europe in June 2006

Old May 2nd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Wearing phot vest at Europe in June 2006

PTravel writes:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

That people are routinely turning over the most valuable document they
have to complete strangers.

What do you do? Stand by the desk for how ever long it takes the clerk to
record the information?

Yes.

Old May 2nd 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bryan Olson writes:
Do you have a source better than the U.S. State Department
on that?

The U.S. State Department is not a reliable source for anything except
U.S. policies.

I know you can make stuff up. I asked if you had any source, as I did:

You may be required to leave your passport at the hotel
reception desk overnight so it may be checked by local
police officials. These are normal procedures required by
local laws. [Department of State Publication 10542,
Bureau of Consular Affairs, April 1998]

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...ures_1225.html

--
--Bryan
Old May 3rd 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Bryan Olson writes:

I know you can make stuff up. I asked if you had any source, as I did:

Your "source" is not in any of the countries in question. I asked you
to point to a law actually requiring hotels to keep passports
overnight in some country of Western Europe, and you did not do so.
Case closed.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mxsmanic wrote:
PTravel writes:

This is just plain silly.

In other words, you disagree. Can you also disagree _without_ the ad
hominem?

I'll clarify, then. You're not silly, but your hypothetical is.
European laws don't require that its contents be recorded when you
check into hotels. Hotel clerks don't ask for your wallet -- there's
no reason why they would.

However, if, for some reason I decided I didn't want to carry my wallet and
I didn't want to leave it in the room safe, then, yes, I'd leave it at the
front desk to be placed in the hotel safe.

Wow. Okay.

Old May 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bryan Olson writes:

I know you can make stuff up. I asked if you had any source, as I did:

Your "source" is not in any of the countries in question. I asked you
to point to a law actually requiring hotels to keep passports
overnight in some country of Western Europe, and you did not do so.

I backed up what I claimed. You on the other hand...

Mxsmanic (Anthony Atkielski) claimed:

It's not required by law.

The U.S. State Department says:

These are normal procedures required by
local laws. [Department of State Publication 10542,
Bureau of Consular Affairs, April 1998]

I asked if you had anything to back up your claim, and so far all
you've posted is your own ramblings. Of course you want me to do
all the work, but I've supported my claims already.

Case closed.

Pretty much.

--
--Bryan
Old May 4th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

J. Clarke writes:

Just for reference, you are licensed to practice law in which
jurisdictions?

How is that relevant?