Another "Anything to get the perfect shot"

Old August 13th 15, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Another "Anything to get the perfect shot"

Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral
or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

Eric Stevens
Old August 13th 15, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:31:13 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Wednesday, 12 August 2015 19:56:26 UTC-4, Eric Stevens wrote:
Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral
or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

Eric Stevens

What did the one idiot with the reflector think he was going to do, get close enough to the bear to use it? The legacy of Walt Disney lives and because of it, idiots die.

My understanding is you should never run from a bear. Just walk
slowly.

Eric Stevens
Old August 13th 15, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/12/2015 7:56 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral
or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

I lost patience with the irritation.
I was at a wildlife refuge in GA. The cougar was hiding and could not be
seen. Some much younger guy was there with his girlfriend, so I jokingly
suggested he go into the cage and try to flush out the cougar. To my
surprise the idiot took me seriously and went into the cage. I was
trying to decide that if the animal came after him would I take the
picture(s), or call 911.
I called the refuge, and they got him out. Sadly, there was no picture
to be taken. :-(

--
PeterN
Old August 13th 15, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 8/12/2015 7:56 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral
or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

I lost patience with the irritation.
I was at a wildlife refuge in GA. The cougar was hiding and could not
be seen. Some much younger guy was there with his girlfriend, so I
jokingly suggested he go into the cage and try to flush out the
cougar. To my surprise the idiot took me seriously and went into the
cage. I was trying to decide that if the animal came after him would I
take the picture(s), or call 911.
I called the refuge, and they got him out. Sadly, there was no picture
to be taken. :-(

Wow, that is unbelievable (not that I don't believe it, of course). I'm
just shaking my head.

Old August 13th 15, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/13/2015 11:18 AM, PAS wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 8/12/2015 7:56 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral

or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

I lost patience with the irritation.
I was at a wildlife refuge in GA. The cougar was hiding and could not
be seen. Some much younger guy was there with his girlfriend, so I
jokingly suggested he go into the cage and try to flush out the
cougar. To my surprise the idiot took me seriously and went into the
cage. I was trying to decide that if the animal came after him would I
take the picture(s), or call 911.
I called the refuge, and they got him out. Sadly, there was no picture
to be taken. :-(

Wow, that is unbelievable (not that I don't believe it, of course). I'm
just shaking my head.

I have friends who say I should not have made the phone call so I could
get a great picture. I told them that the cougar would probably have
done the deed behind a tree, therefore I made the call.

Seriously, there is no accounting for stupidity.

--
PeterN
Old August 13th 15, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

On Wednesday, 12 August 2015 19:56:26 UTC-4, Eric Stevens wrote:
Ignore the advertisements and go to
http://www.timetobreak.com/868511/15...edium=referral
or http://tinyurl.com/ofppno9

Many of them are worth the irritation.

Eric Stevens

What did the one idiot with the reflector think he was going to do, get close enough to the bear to use it? The legacy of Walt Disney lives and because of it, idiots die.

My understanding is you should never run from a bear. Just walk
slowly.

Mine is that I never get anywhere near close enough to worry about such things. ;-)

although the most likely one of those for me would be the tripod catching fire.

And the shoes. Don't forget the shoes.

Eric Stevens