Adobe Grrr

Old August 13th 14, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
PeterN[_5_]

Default Adobe Grrr

On 2014-08-12 23:23:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/12/2014 2:27 AM, PeterN wrote:
ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to
download a
brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade.
Isn't
a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the
question on
the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical
problem.
Has anyone else had that experience?

TIA

I found the answer to my question.
The brushes in Adobe Market are not available to photography
subscribers. If I paid more money and actually upgraded my
subscription, I would have complete access.

That doesn't make sense. If you click on that upgrade now it takes
you
to the subscribe page where the first option is the $9.99/month
Photography Program.
I didn't call Adobe today, I will tomorrow.

I browsed through the assets and found nothing there to make it woth
purchasing an upgrade.
Others may find it worth it, but I do not.

In the "Add Ons" page there are pay & free extensions and stuff and I
have got a few things there.

I saw one brush I wanted to try.

From the Adobe FAQ website on the subject.

"Why don't photography plan customers get access to Creative Cloud
Market?

Creative Cloud Market is a new benefit that has been added to certain
paid Creative Cloud plans, and is not included in the entitlements for
photography plan customers. Some Creative Cloud services, such a
Creative Cloud Market, TypeKit, and ProSite are only available to
Single App or Complete Creative Cloud plans. To download and use
Creative Cloud Market content, upgrade to either Creative Cloud Single
App or Complete plans."

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/market.html

Well there is the answer. The problem is, if you click on that upgrade
button the first choice they give you is the Photography plan with no
disclaimer that it isn;t eligible.

For now I will just browse through what is available via Add-Ons.

Me too, but only if it's something I think I will use.
I have a problem though, with the lack of disclosure and just emailed
Adobe telling them about my displeasure.

I agree, they kept that part of the package vague, and one is left
wondering why.

I have picked up some stuff such as some free textures just so i can
make this sort of fix to Jonas's blown highlight photo. ;-)
https://db.tt/FT3Yns5j

Nice adjustment. I would have toned down the foreground highlights. To
me, they detract from a neat image.

--
PeterN
Old August 13th 14, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.graphics.photoshop
Ron C

Default Cross post list error, Grrrrrr [ Adobe Grrr]

On 8/12/2014 2:27 AM, PeterN wrote:
ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download a
brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade. Isn't
a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the question on
the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical problem.
Has anyone else had that experience?

TIA

PeterN:

You screwed up your cross post list, so responses
to this thread show up twice in "rec.photo.digital"

==
Later...
Ron C
Old August 13th 14, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.graphics.photoshop
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/13/2014 1:48 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 8/12/2014 2:27 AM, PeterN wrote:
ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download a
brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade. Isn't
a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the question on
the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical problem.
Has anyone else had that experience?

TIA

PeterN:

You screwed up your cross post list, so responses
to this thread show up twice in "rec.photo.digital"

==
Later...
Ron C
--

I never noticed two postings in rec.photo.digital. I guess thunderbird
took care of my mistake.

--
PeterN
Old August 13th 14, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.graphics.photoshop
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-13 17:48:33 +0000, Ron C said:

On 8/12/2014 2:27 AM, PeterN wrote:
ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download a
brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade. Isn't
a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the question on
the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical problem.
Has anyone else had that experience?

TIA

PeterN:

You screwed up your cross post list, so responses
to this thread show up twice in "rec.photo.digital"

That is odd, as no duplicates have appeared in my Usenet client,
Unison. That is regardless of the additional rec.photo.digital.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_843.jpg

Savageduck

Old August 13th 14, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 8/13/2014 2:08 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/13/2014 1:48 PM, Ron C wrote:
On 8/12/2014 2:27 AM, PeterN wrote:
ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download a
brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade. Isn't
a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the question on
the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical problem.
Has anyone else had that experience?

TIA

PeterN:

You screwed up your cross post list, so responses
to this thread show up twice in "rec.photo.digital"

==
Later...
Ron C
--

I never noticed two postings in rec.photo.digital. I guess thunderbird
took care of my mistake.

Hmm, don't know why you're not seeing an echo. I'm running
thunderbird and have been seeing the echo. Odd.

[Note: only sending this comment to rec.photo.digital ]
==
Later...
Ron C

Old August 15th 14, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Robert Coe

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 02:27:44 -0400, PeterN wrote:
: ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download
: a brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
: available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade.
: Isn't a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the
: question on the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a
: technical problem. Has anyone else had that experience?
:
: TIA

And the surprise is ????? Surely we all knew that this was the
intended/inevitable consequence of the PS move to the "cloud".

Bob

Old August 15th 14, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Robert Coe

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 04:52:06 -0400, John A. wrote:
: On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 02:27:44 -0400, PeterN wrote:
:
: ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download a
: brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
: available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade. Isn't
: a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the question on
: the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a technical problem.
: Has anyone else had that experience?
:
: TIA
:
: No help; just a kvetch.
:
: I just don't get why so much that shouldn't be is being shoved into
: the "cloud".

You don't? Seriously? You must be either blind, deaf, or not a resident of the
United States. The answer is Capitalist GREED. Nothing more, nothing less.

: Hard drives are dirt cheap per MB, and it really only makes sense to put
: things online if you need to access them elsewhere.

Wait until you have to rent HDs instead of buying them. I'm old enough to
remember when IBM had a hammer lock on computer equipment, and you had to rent
EVERYTHING. The Government eventually quashed that, but that was before the
Era of the Republican Party. Back we're going to go, and probably at
breathtaking speed.

: Okay, I get that there's a romanticization of it this early on, and a
: business (profiteering) case for making software subscription-based,
: but I think things will eventually settle into place, and that
: software vendors will find better ways to enforce subscriptions, like
: say having it "phone home" periodically (not every use) to make sure
: the subscription is still good and assume it is good unless the
: connection fails X times in a row (to prevent lock-in-by-user-firewall
: but not interrupt use during a network outage.)

Of course they'll get better at it, but the problem is that the subscription
model favors the 1%. (Actually, make that the .01%, because that's where we're
headed.

Bob

Old August 15th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/14/2014 9:06 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 02:27:44 -0400, PeterN wrote:
: ccI have a photography subscription to CC. When I tried to download
: a brush from the CC market I was told that market items are only
: available to paid subscribers, and was asked if I want to upgrade.
: Isn't a photography subscription a paid subscription. I posed the
: question on the contact Adobe live chat, but was told it was a
: technical problem. Has anyone else had that experience?
:
: TIA

And the surprise is ????? Surely we all knew that this was the
intended/inevitable consequence of the PS move to the "cloud".

Bob

The only surprise is the failure to disclose up front.

--
PeterN

Grrr... lens misery D.M. Procida 35mm Photo Equipment 6 February 28th 07 01:12 AM
Windows Color Managment, Adobe Working Spaces, Adobe Gamma Andy Leese Digital Photography 9 November 24th 06 03:38 AM
F--- Adobe RichA Digital SLR Cameras 26 July 25th 06 12:55 AM
Adobe After Effects 7.0 PRO, Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 for Windows XP, and tutorials, Adobe After Effects Plugins Collection (WINMAC), updated 19/Jan/2006 [email protected] Digital Photography 0 February 2nd 06 06:52 AM