Flower macros

Old June 1st 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MC[_3_]

Default Flower macros

Dudley Hanks wrote:

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
... On Sun, 30 May
2010 17:26:08 GMT, "MC" wrote:
: Richard wrote:
:
: "MC" wrote in message
: ...
: Robert Spanjaard wrote:
:
: A couple of flower macros for you to enjoy (and/or

critisize). :
: They might do well in the Wallpaper Shootin too, especially

4 and : 5. But I already submitted a different shot.
:
: http://www.arumes.com/temp/macro/
:
: You should first ask yourself, as should every photographer who
: wishes to put their photos on public dispaly (let alone

unashemedly : publicise the websites containing said pictures),
are they really : worthy of public scrutiny? You must, firstly,
be your own harshest : critic and then (and only then) allow
others to critcise. :
: May I ask why you think these are worthy?
:
: MC
:
: No. If you have to ask permission to ask a question, you are not
: worthy of asking the question.
:
: Richard
:
: Hmm... I was not asking permission in the context of asking
permission : but merely as vehicle of politeness.

Politeness? You were sneering at the man's photos. Where's the
politeness in that?

Bob

Perhaps, before posting a criticism to a public group for scrutiny,
the critic should ask himself whether or not the grammar, spelling,
syntax, tone, etc of his message is worthy of public attention...

He really should be his own harshest critic...

Take Care,
Dudley

Is it because I misspelled a word by allowing my fingers to
accidentally swap two letters around? If so, did this cause undue
hardship?

If not then please feel free correct my grammar, tone, synax etc... I
would be pleased to hear your constructive critique on my grammar, even
though this is ng has nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of
grammar in the first place.

MC
Old June 1st 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2010-06-01 01:20:57 +0100, John McWilliams said:

Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2010 15:52:51 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:
: Pete wrote:

: "A couple of flower macros for you to enjoy (and/or critisize)."
: : I enjoyed them (thanks Robert S).
: : This is a photography newsgroup not an English lesson.
: : : There should be an apostrophe after the word
"newsgroup"....! :-)

Actually, the word you were groping for there is "comma".

No groping at all: Just seeing if anyone knew the difference and was
paying attention; I wasn't! .... :-)

I should've groped for that comma. I get in a muddle, I thought comma
groping was something I ought to stop doing.

You could've written: there should be a catastrophe after the word
"newsgroup" :-)

I guess that's in the unspoken word regarding most NGs in this century.

Besides, you left out the more interesting target:

Not to criticalicate anything, though....

An excellent word. No results from Google, which must be a first.

Bob came up with a good'un, too.

--
John McWilliams
Old June 1st 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2010-05-31 23:31:54 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 May 2010 17:26:08 GMT, "MC" wrote:
: Richard wrote:
:
: "MC" wrote in message
: ...
:

The OP wrote:
"A couple of flower macros for you to enjoy (and/or critisize)."

I enjoyed them (thanks Robert S).

This is a photography newsgroup not an English lesson.

There should be an apostrophe after the word "newsgroup"....! :-)

An example of Skitt's Law: Spelling or grammar flames always contain
spelling or grammar errors

'Ceptin' mine contain made up errs, as I don' make 'em otherwize.

You impropergatedly typed an ellipsis...one too many periods/full
stops.

Did Herb Caen (SF Chronicle/r) limit himself in numbers of dots....... I
don't think so!

Not to criticalicate

That could be considered to be a nonce word.

anything, though....

For the nonce, over and out, g'night all, at precisely 9:54:04 PM PDT on
Monday, May 31, 2010

--
john mcwilliams
Old June 1st 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 5/31/10 5:52 PM, in article ,

On 2010-05-31 23:31:54 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 May 2010 17:26:08 GMT, "MC" wrote:
: Richard wrote:
:
: "MC" wrote in message
: ...
:

The OP wrote:
"A couple of flower macros for you to enjoy (and/or critisize)."

I enjoyed them (thanks Robert S).

This is a photography newsgroup not an English lesson.

There should be an apostrophe after the word "newsgroup"....! :-)

Not to criticalicate anything, though....

COMMA.

Not to be critical - of course...

Old June 1st 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Monday, May 31, 2010

What's plural of "y'all"?

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

Ready?

..

..

..

..

Y'all sure?

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

Here goes....

..

..

..

"All y'all"

Today's Lesson is concluded.

Old June 1st 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

George Kerby wrote:

What's plural of "y'all"?

.

vast spoiler space follows.....

.

.

.

.

Here goes....

"All y'all"

Today's Lesson is concluded.

'Ceptin' it's "All y'alls", ain't it?

--
jpmcw

Help stamp out gratuitous apostrophe's and exclamation point's!!!
Old June 1st 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

wrote:
: Pete wrote:

: "A couple of flower macros for you to enjoy (and/or critisize)."
: : I enjoyed them (thanks Robert S).
: : This is a photography newsgroup not an English lesson.
: : : There should be an apostrophe after the word
"newsgroup"....! :-)

Actually, the word you were groping for there is "comma".

No groping at all: Just seeing if anyone knew the difference and was
paying attention; I wasn't! .... :-)

I should've groped for that comma. I get in a muddle, I thought comma
groping was something I ought to stop doing.

You could've written: there should be a catastrophe after the word
"newsgroup" :-)

Besides, you left out the more interesting target:

Not to criticalicate anything, though....

An excellent word. No results from Google, which must be a first.

Check now. There it is, as part of--rec.photo.digital!
Allen
Old June 1st 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

: Pete wrote:

[...]

All the new words were "perfectly cromulent", as Lisa Simpson
would have pointed out...;-)
--DR

Old June 1st 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

"Savageduck"
On 2010-06-01 07:43:18 -0700, "David Ruether" said:

All the new words [here] were "perfectly cromulent", as Lisa Simpson
would have pointed out...;-)
--DR

You have just embiggened this whole debate. --
Regards,

Savageduck

--DR

Insect macros Douglas[_6_] 35mm Photo Equipment 44 March 7th 08 02:32 PM
40D NOSE MACROS! Annika1980 Digital Photography 8 January 20th 08 06:45 AM
40D NOSE MACROS! Annika1980 35mm Photo Equipment 8 January 20th 08 06:45 AM
some macros Rutger Digital Photography 1 May 2nd 06 07:50 PM
Histograms and flower macros Cynicor Digital Photography 4 April 3rd 06 08:32 PM