Where is this going now!

Old October 4th 04, 09:01 PM
Larry

In article rye8d.304105$mD.287783@attbi_s02, says...
I guess this also means that if you are at a football, baseball, basketball,
or any other sport, and there are TV cameras there, does that mean that they
have to blur out all the pictures in the crowd to protect their privacy. As
they should be at work and their boss see them on TV and fires their ass
for calling in sick.
SO Sue the TV station.

Or you in a city park tacking pictures of your kids, and another parent
comes up and tells you not to, as their kid was fifty feet in the background
on a swing so you need their permission to take the picture just in case
their child is shown in the taken picture. So keep your DOF very short to
avoid any thing else showing up. This is a false scenario but it might
happen.

This crap will get worse as time goes by as long there are idiots, but the
myths are the ones that get the grease and the rest of us suffer.

I take pictures all the time in public places, with and without children in
the area.. I have only once in several hundred sessions had a parent ask
about the pictures (and then it was to ask if they were for anything special
or just hobby stuff).

I go to the local beach several times a week in the summer and take pictures
all over the place (again, with and without children in the frame) and have
never run afoul of anyone.

I dont know where all you people are shooting pictures, but here in New
England U.S.A. no one seems very concious of the camera.

There are several "High Security" areas in my town (defense related) and as
long as I avoid those areas I dont expect to be hassled.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
Old October 4th 04, 09:21 PM
Jeremy Nixon

Larry wrote:

I dont know where all you people are shooting pictures, but here in New
England U.S.A. no one seems very concious of the camera.

Down here near NYC, carrying a camera without even using it can motivate
someone to call the police. I've had it happen to me.

Interestingly, though, NYPD officers themselves don't seem to think
anything of it. I've recently walked right up to several and asked if I
could take their picture, and they were happy to let me. So those cops
seem to know what's actually important; it's the lesser folk you need
to worry about, the ones who think everything should be banned because
someone, somewhere, might someday use it for evil.

--
Jeremy |
Old October 5th 04, 03:02 AM
Jer

Larry wrote:

[....]

There are several "High Security" areas in my town (defense related) and as
long as I avoid those areas I dont expect to be hassled.

I don't think most photogs *expect* to be hassled, but...

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old October 5th 04, 05:18 AM

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:21:42 -0000, Jeremy Nixon
wrote:

Larry wrote:

I dont know where all you people are shooting pictures, but here in New
England U.S.A. no one seems very concious of the camera.

Down here near NYC, carrying a camera without even using it can motivate
someone to call the police. I've had it happen to me.

Interestingly, though, NYPD officers themselves don't seem to think
anything of it.

OTOH, I've read accounts by people who were severely hassled
by the NYPD for taking pictures after 9/11 -- "because the entire area
is a crime scene."

WTF????

In one case, some people were directed by the cops to move
several blocks away from where they were taking pictures, despite the
fact there were plenty of casual observers roaming around blocks
closer than where the photographers were originally standing when the
hassling began.

Brings to mind the phrease "Because they can."

Old October 9th 04, 02:34 PM
bob

"jjs" wrote in :

"bob" wrote in message
. ..
Lead is used in the brass found in plumbing fixtures.

If you turn on your tap, the 'lead' that comes out is gone by the time
you put a drinking glass under it. This particular issue was beaten
to death the last time some Greenie freak tried to condem modern sink
fixtures. He left with his tail between his legs.

That's sort of what I said in the first place.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
Old October 9th 04, 08:03 PM
Jer

jjs wrote:

"bob" wrote in message
. ..

Lead is used in the brass found in plumbing fixtures.

If you turn on your tap, the 'lead' that comes out is gone by the time you
put a drinking glass under it. This particular issue was beaten to death
the last time some Greenie freak tried to condem modern sink fixtures. He
left with his tail between his legs.

Greenie freak...?

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'