D-70 SN?

Old December 28th 04, 02:51 AM
MrB

Default D-70 SN?

Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera. I
hope you will humor an old guy.

Thanks

Old December 28th 04, 03:32 AM
Joe Makowiec

On 27 Dec 2004 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, MrB wrote:

Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens,
no visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the
camera. I hope you will humor an old guy.

It's tough to find - etched into the bottom but not colored in. I had to
flip the camera over half a dozen times before I found it. It starts
somewhere just above the 'k' in Nikon on the label. See:

http://makowiec.net/test/d70Serial.jpg

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old December 28th 04, 11:05 PM
C J Campbell

"MrB" wrote in message
Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.

hope you will humor an old guy.

It is on the bottom. You will need bright light and a magnifying glass to
read it.

Old December 29th 04, 01:12 AM
MrB

Thanks for nothing.

"muddycat" wrote in message
"MrB" wrote:

Please, Where is the D-70 SN? I flipped it over, I removed the lens, no
visual SN. I know.....If I can't find the SN, I shouldn't own the camera.
hope you will humor an old guy.

On the box it came in...

Old December 29th 04, 01:14 AM
MrB

Got it! You are right. A light at the right angle and it is sort of easy to
see. Thank you for your reply.

Old December 29th 04, 01:39 PM
MrB

Yes, thanks. I was looking for the number on the camera itself.

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:12:49 -0800, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "MrB"
wrote:

Thanks for nothing.

Well, alt least on the box for my D70 kit there is a sticker on the bottom
with both the camera and kit lens serial #s.
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
http://EdwardGRuf.com