Sigma vs. Tamron for EOS?

Old December 12th 04, 06:15 PM
Skip M

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

? Why was that funny? The Elan II is much louder than the 7, which is
also much quieter than the old A2, or any of the digital bodies,
including the 10.

I don't doubt it, it's just the way you wrote that that struck me as very
funny.

After I thought about it, it did have a sort of "the spider that swallowed
the fly" quality about it. G

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 13th 04, 04:21 AM
Chuck

"Ryadia" a écrit dans le message de

"Chuck" wrote in message
noise on the 20d ? mmm , first time I read this. Why are you writing

this
?

The mirror slap on my 20Ds is louder than from a EOS3 or 10D... This makes

noisey 20D, yes?

oh that kind of noise... ok , your probably right, sorry

Old December 30th 04, 03:03 AM

In message ,
Randall Ainsworth wrote:

They're another Sigma shill. Imagine that...stand up for a mediocre
and expensive 3.42MP camera and call the 20D noisy! What a retard!

The 20D makes more noise when you take a picture than the 10D. That's a
fact.

--

John P Sheehy

Old December 30th 04, 04:36 AM
Randall Ainsworth

The 20D makes more noise when you take a picture than the 10D. That's a
fact.

And my Hasselblads make more noise than the two of them put
together...but I did weddings with them for 20+ years and nobody
complained. Jeez!
Old December 30th 04, 06:02 AM
Skip M

"Chuck" wrote in message
noise on the 20d ? mmm , first time I read this. Why are you writing this
?

He's talking shutter noise, not image noise. The 20D is louder than the old
10D, but not previous generation digital Canons, so that's one more point to
complain about, if complaining is your forte.

Old December 30th 04, 09:40 AM
Ryadia

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

The 20D makes more noise when you take a picture than the 10D. That's a
fact.

And my Hasselblads make more noise than the two of them put
together...but I did weddings with them for 20+ years and nobody
complained. Jeez!

So tell us Randall... Did you ever get the eye from a priest when, in the
middle of the vows you took a candid shot in the church? Or what about using
a big Sunpac flash to light up the whole church from the bell tower in the
middle of the crucial moment and had them all look up at you?

Doug

Old December 30th 04, 02:05 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Ryadia
wrote:

So tell us Randall... Did you ever get the eye from a priest when, in the
middle of the vows you took a candid shot in the church? Or what about using
a big Sunpac flash to light up the whole church from the bell tower in the
middle of the crucial moment and had them all look up at you?

I never had any minister give me the evil eye because I was using a
Hasselblad.
During the ceremony I always shot available light from the back of the
church so as not to disturb the ceremony. You can cover up the mirror
lockup by coughing.
Never used Sunpac (cheap junk) and never used flash during the
ceremony. Remember, I was a professional.
Old December 30th 04, 08:55 PM
Ryadia

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

Never used Sunpac (cheap junk) and never used flash during the
ceremony. Remember, I was a professional.

SO was the fellow who did that on my wedding and charged me $2k in the
process!

Doug

Old December 31st 04, 02:13 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Ryadia
wrote:

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

Never used Sunpac (cheap junk) and never used flash during the
ceremony. Remember, I was a professional.

SO was the fellow who did that on my wedding and charged me $2k in the
process!

If I were to do them again I wouldn't touch a wedding for under $1,000.