[SI] Rejected Erotica Shot

Old November 13th 04, 10:03 PM
Annika1980

From: Alan Browne

Bret, I've enjoyed your photo essay on this bible-thumper and believe you
should
take it further. It's interesting in its own way... did you ask this fellow
what brought him to be a street corner preacher? Is he 'ordained' (or
whatever
it is Baptists, Methodists and such go through?). C'mon do your pj thing...

Ask him "what is "erotica?"

Here's something funny that happened this week. I went to get some slides
developed and some of the pics featured the Bible-thumper doing his thing.
The guys who do my developing recognized the guy as he comes into their store
as a deliveryman. Their store features the work of many of their clients on
the walls, including some lingerie pics.
The Bible-thumper comes in and asks them to take the pics of the women down as
he finds them offensive. They laughed at him. They had an art poster taped on
the counter that showed bare breasts and he kept trying to flip it over.

So when I confronted the fool I got right in his face with the 20D clicking
away. When he started to protest I told him to get his ass off the corner as I
find HIM offensive. After I took a few more pics he said, "Well I'll 'let' you
have that pic."

I said, "You'll LET me? You're damned right you'll let me cause there ain't a
damn thing you can do about it." If he had even made a move toward me I'd have
dropped him like a bad habit. People like that just get my redneck blood all
boiling.

Old November 13th 04, 10:49 PM
Bob Hickey

Here's something funny that happened this week. I went to get some slides
developed and some of the pics featured the Bible-thumper doing his thing.
The guys who do my developing recognized the guy as he comes into their

store
as a deliveryman. Their store features the work of many of their clients

on
the walls, including some lingerie pics.
The Bible-thumper comes in and asks them to take the pics of the women

down as
he finds them offensive. They laughed at him. They had an art poster

taped on
the counter that showed bare breasts and he kept trying to flip it over.

So, what's the consensus? Do you figure he gets much?
Bob Hickey

Old November 14th 04, 03:12 AM
MarkČ

From: Alan Browne

[...]

You should have just "turned the other cheek" and dropped Trou...

Old November 14th 04, 03:52 AM
Annika1980

From: "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowesteven number

If he had even made a move toward me I'd
have
dropped him like a bad habit. People like that just get my redneck blood

all
boiling.

You should have just "turned the other cheek" and dropped Trou...

I'm more of an Old Testament guy.

Old November 15th 04, 12:03 PM

Kibo informs me that Richard Cockburn stated that:

(Chadwick) wrote in
om:

Do we hold a public vote?

I like that, and from the replies in this thread, landslide in favor.

And for the record, I'm still happy to offer hosting, & wouldn't have a
problem with the image in question. (And I think it's a shame not to put
up that photo.) I might have to draw the line at blatant, hardcore porn,
but I doubt that my providers would would give me any grief about
anything less.

Old November 18th 04, 01:15 AM
R.Schenck

Anders Svensson on 10 Nov 2004 posted

Hi folks. My SI contribution was apparently not accepted by the host
because the image revealed the human breast.

MAybe if you had made it an image of something nice, like guns or
explosions, then it'd be okay.