Is it horribly obvious?

Old July 3rd 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_6_]

Default Is it horribly obvious?

Is it horribly obvious that this pic has been merged from three
other images?

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/MergedPic.png

I tried something a bit different.

First, I made a template by reducing the exposure level until
about a quarter of the pic was reduced to black.

Second, made a bright template by overexposing until about a
quarter was solid white.

Then, using the two templates, I used a Perl script to take the
brightest quarter of a slightly underexposed pic and the darkest
quarter of a slightly overexposed pic, and merged them with the
closest thing I had to a properly exposed version of the
pic.

Just wondering if the stitching is glaring...

Take Care,
Dudley
Old July 3rd 13, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Hare-Scott

Dudley Hanks wrote:
Is it horribly obvious that this pic has been merged from three
other images?

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/MergedPic.png

I tried something a bit different.

First, I made a template by reducing the exposure level until
about a quarter of the pic was reduced to black.

Second, made a bright template by overexposing until about a
quarter was solid white.

Then, using the two templates, I used a Perl script to take the
brightest quarter of a slightly underexposed pic and the darkest
quarter of a slightly overexposed pic, and merged them with the
closest thing I had to a properly exposed version of the
pic.

Just wondering if the stitching is glaring...

Take Care,
Dudley

To my eyes the stitching isn't that obvious. Other than the tilt that has
already been mentioned the thing that stood out were the artifacts. The
whole image is covered with little pale spots, some PP guru might tell you
what exactly you have done to create them.

Old July 3rd 13, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_6_]

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Dudley Hanks wrote:
[...]

Thanks, that helps a lot.

I'm guessing I took the templates a bit too far, and that
caused the spots.

Thanks a lot,
Dudley