Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets of 8x10"

Old August 27th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets of 8x10"

Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets 8x10" ?

Yes, I realize this is late in the history of film and prints, but I
look to this group to set me right. It won't hurt to say something like,
"hey stupid...."

I'm confined to the sofa at the moment recovering from surgery and the
mind wanders.

I shoot 8x10" and process the film in a print drum on rollers. I'm good
with it. But I was wondering if some enterprising person had come up
with a way to do multiple 8x10" negative development in a drum.

Yah! I know the tray processing thing. With respect, I don't want to go
there for this subject. Hope that is good.

8x10" rotary processing for... maybe 4 films at a time? Y'all are so
very bright that I look forward to Yes, No, and even "Are ya stupid?"

Best,
jjs
Old August 27th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
erie patsellis

John,

Unicolor 16x20 drum, has divider rods and clips (if you find a complete one)

If you need pics, drop me an email offlist and I'll shoot some to illustrate.

erie

Old August 27th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Peter wrote:

The Jobo 3005 does 5 at a time. Its not precisely a new idea, but
seems to work fine.

Silly me. The answer was right out there all the time. I will look into
it. Thank you!

Old August 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

John wrote:
Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets 8x10" ?

Yes, I realize this is late in the history of film and
prints, but I look to this group to set me right. It
won't hurt to say something like, "hey stupid...."

I'm confined to the sofa at the moment recovering from
surgery and the mind wanders.

I shoot 8x10" and process the film in a print drum on
rollers. I'm good with it. But I was wondering if some
enterprising person had come up with a way to do multiple
8x10" negative development in a drum.

Yah! I know the tray processing thing. With respect, I
don't want to go there for this subject. Hope that is
good.

8x10" rotary processing for... maybe 4 films at a time?
Y'all are so very bright that I look forward to Yes, No,
and even "Are ya stupid?"

Best,
jjs

I made separator clips for my Unicolor drums out of the
plastic tops of food containers. I cut them into the
half-moon shape with T slots following an original I have.
They work fine. I've done four 8x10's in a 16x20 drum and 4
4x5s in an 8x10 drum. Works fine but you have to agitate the
drum sideways by hand occasionally if you use a motor base
other wise you can get bromide streaks around highlights due
to the lack of turbulance.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old August 27th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

My Jobo Cpp2 and ATL3 do 5 sheets of 8x10 in the drum.

In article ,
John wrote:

[...]

Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old August 28th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
jjs[_3_]

Thanks to all for the help.
JOBO was the last thing on my mind because they used to be horribly
expensive.

Looks very good.

I will try to make it so.

John

Old September 6th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
raoul

In article , John
wrote:

Peter wrote:

The Jobo 3005 does 5 at a time. Its not precisely a new idea, but
seems to work fine.

Silly me. The answer was right out there all the time. I will look into
it. Thank you!

I was going to suggest the Jobo also. Sometimes is called the "Expert"
drum.

This kind of stuff comes up on eBay and goes for attractive prices sinc
film is going "out of style"- except for us Luddites.