Kodak DX7590?

Old July 4th 04, 03:57 AM
Scrumhalf

Default Kodak DX7590?

I am almost ready to spring for the DX6490 - love that camera! The
only thing holding me back is the tantalizing prospect of a 7590
sometime soon.

Does anyone know when the 7590 may be released? Ron Baird, maybe?
Old July 4th 04, 04:45 AM
Sabineellen

Does anyone know when the 7590 may be released?

What'll be cool about the Kodak DX7590? I just ordered my HP photosmart 945.
Old July 4th 04, 08:36 AM
Scrumhalf

Sabineellen wrote:

What'll be cool about the Kodak DX7590? I just ordered my HP photosmart 945.

Well, I have looked and have found no official specs, but from the
discussions on various forums, I inferred that it will be 5MP but
otherwise would be an improved version of the 6490. Kinda like the 7440
vs. the 6440. I tremble with anticipation......
Old July 4th 04, 05:11 PM
Fishface

Scrumhalf wrote:
Well, I have looked and have found no official specs, but from the
discussions on various forums, I inferred that it will be 5MP but
otherwise would be an improved version of the 6490. Kinda like
the 7440 vs. the 6440.

Oh, then it will have a slower lens and a lesser flash?

Old July 4th 04, 05:49 PM
Fishface

Fishface wrote:
Oh, then it will have a slower lens and a lesser flash?

I see the DX7440 has a proprietary battery pack.
At least they're priced decently when compared with some
others...

Old July 4th 04, 06:11 PM
Scrumhalf

Fishface wrote:
Scrumhalf wrote:

Well, I have looked and have found no official specs, but from the
discussions on various forums, I inferred that it will be 5MP but
otherwise would be an improved version of the 6490. Kinda like
the 7440 vs. the 6440.

Oh, then it will have a slower lens and a lesser flash?

Look guys, I asked a simple question - does anyone know any details of
when the 7590 would come out. I don't know any details of the camera
and frankly, I am not debating its quality vs. any of Kodak's earlier
mdoels.

Sheesh, I rarely never venture into Usenet any more, and on the rare
occasions that I do, these kinds of responses remind me why.
Old July 4th 04, 08:06 PM
Fishface

Scrumhalf wrote:
Sheesh, I rarely never venture into Usenet any more, and on the
rare occasions that I do, these kinds of responses remind me why.

Gosh, fella-- you're tho thensitive.

Since you rarely venture into Usenet, I sometimes forget that I exist
only to serve you.

Old July 7th 04, 07:37 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Scrumhalf,

I can appreciate your interest in knowing the time frame of a camera
release, and I am sure you can also appreciate that the release date
information is not readily available to be shared prior to a general
release. Although I am glad to share with anyone, there are no facts
available for release before any product is actually released to the market.
I will make it a point to share directly on the newsgroups as soon as any
information is available to me. So, come back to the NG from time to time.

If you like the DX6490 then you will like the newer cameras that are coming
along even more.

Talk to you soon, Scrumhalf,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company