Canon Digital Rebel 'spots'

Old July 2nd 04, 07:49 AM
Graeme

Default Canon Digital Rebel 'spots'

Hi

Can any owners of the Rebel confirm/deny the findings in the
www.dpreview.com review of this camera, where there are 'strange dots'
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/page18.asp) in some tests?

Old July 2nd 04, 09:31 AM
Canongirly

"Graeme" wrote in message
Hi

Can any owners of the Rebel confirm/deny the findings in the
www.dpreview.com review of this camera, where there are 'strange dots'
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/page18.asp) in some tests?

Well I've taken somewhere in the region of 10000 shots (working pro) with
mine since last september and I haven't had this.

Old July 2nd 04, 11:05 AM
Simon Smith

"Graeme" wrote in message ...
Hi

Can any owners of the Rebel confirm/deny the findings in the
www.dpreview.com review of this camera, where there are 'strange dots'
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/page18.asp) in some tests?

Doh! That's gunk (probably dust) on the filter in front of the sensor.
Easily removed with digipads and eclipse solution.
Old July 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
Phil Wheeler

Cannot deny their findings (never touched the camera they used).

But I've not seen any on mine (and I've had two -- sold the first one).

Phil

Old July 7th 04, 09:23 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"Graeme" wrote:

Hi

Can any owners of the Rebel confirm/deny the findings in the
www.dpreview.com review of this camera, where there are 'strange dots'
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/page18.asp) in some tests?

Funny you mentioned that. I just got back from vacation and all my
photos now have a grey dot in the lower left corner. Early photos also
have a second grey dot near it but the later ones don't. It's not the
typical hot pixel or sensor dust. The dot remains exactly the same for
all exposure times, all ISO settings, and both light and dark images.

Maybe there's a firmware bug in dead pixel masking.