DAMN YOU, GOOGLE!

Old April 3rd 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Steve[_12_]

Default DAMN YOU, GOOGLE!

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 02:46:50 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

I've been forwarding all of the Chinese garbage to

If everyone here and everywhere else started doing it, the idiots at
Google may get the message.

Wouldn't happen -- your complaints don't cut into their profits.

I wouldn't mind if the stupid spam were restricted to Google Users, but
the regular NNTP servers get the same garbage.

This group is getting unusable and my filter isn't too easy to adapt.

You *can't* filter them with TB. You can filter them this way:

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html

Strange, I am filtering them with TB. Yes, I have to add something just
about every day, but it DOES work.

Having to add something just about every day isn't my definition of
working *well*. Take a look at the link above. I've been using
NewProxy for a weeks now and haven't had to add anything beyond the
first day when I filtered Message-Id's containing googlegroups. No
spam since.

Steev
Old April 3rd 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
measekite

Ron Hunter wrote:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

I've been forwarding all of the Chinese garbage to

If everyone here and everywhere else started doing it, the idiots at
Google may get the message.

Wouldn't happen -- your complaints don't cut into their profits.

I wouldn't mind if the stupid spam were restricted to Google Users, but
the regular NNTP servers get the same garbage.

This group is getting unusable and my filter isn't too easy to adapt.

You *can't* filter them with TB. You can filter them this way:

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html

Strange, I am filtering them with TB. Yes, I have to add something
just about every day, but it DOES work.

I do not add every day but TB does work for over 80% of it.
Old April 3rd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Ron Hunter wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

I've been forwarding all of the Chinese garbage to

If everyone here and everywhere else started doing it, the idiots at
Google may get the message.

Wouldn't happen -- your complaints don't cut into their profits.

I wouldn't mind if the stupid spam were restricted to Google Users, but
the regular NNTP servers get the same garbage.

This group is getting unusable and my filter isn't too easy to adapt.

You *can't* filter them with TB. You can filter them this way:

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html

Strange, I am filtering them with TB. Yes, I have to add something just
about every day, but it DOES work.

No, you're *not* filtering GG posts via the Message-ID header. TB cannot
do that. You're using some other filtering, and that's *why* you have to
keep tweaking it instead of just sitting back letting a true GG filter do
its work. Even if you managed to plug in what *looks* like a Message-ID
rule for TB, TB is ignoring it -- it will *not* actually filter on that
header.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old April 3rd 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

[...]

Note that he's not really filtering on the Message-ID header. His TB will
no more filter on that header than your Free Agent will; he'd need a
solution like you're using -- a local server/proxy to pre-chew groups for
his client.

Old April 3rd 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce W. Ellis

wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

[...]

Since I started using NewsProxy, the spam has disappeared. Give it a
try.
Old April 3rd 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
m II wrote:

[...]