Unbelievable

Old March 13th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Unbelievable

Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 13th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Alfred Molon wrote:
Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

Heh heh.

My evil mind thinks that to replace those images on your server, with
some choice alternatives edited to the same size and file names would be
an entirely appropriate response, and good way to a message across.
Old March 13th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dj_nme[_2_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

So he's an "honest businessman", is that like a "colourful racing identity"?
I believe that he's got the lawyering part backwards :-)
Old March 14th 08, 06:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris W

Alfred Molon wrote:
Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

What an clueless moron, I would be tempted to taunt that idiot into
attempting to sue, but who knows what some equally idiot lawyer might
come up with.

If it were my web site I think I would think of some kind of clever code
to really annoy him. For example find out what IP address he uses and
then write some code that would make it look all the photos were there
when he viewed them, but anyone else going to the site would see
something else. That would be pretty easy for me to program, and given
some time I'm sure I can think of something better too.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com
Old March 14th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ali

Quality. I must admit, I would be tempted to do the same.

Old March 16th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

After finding that MySpace copyright enforcement was hopeless, I changed
my server to return a corrupt JPEG header when it sees a MySpace
referrer. Now I have my bandwidth back.

The really sad thing is that most images only had one IP address
requesting them. All those bloggers had an audience of one - themselves.

--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.
Old March 16th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:00:39 -0700, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:

Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

After finding that MySpace copyright enforcement was hopeless, I changed
my server to return a corrupt JPEG header when it sees a MySpace
referrer. Now I have my bandwidth back.

Could you please post an example (or 2, or 3) of the MySpace
referrer(s). Or, point me to a URL that discusses this topic.

My web host currently has the logs snafu'ed and I cannot scan my logs
for what they may be.

Thank you!
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http://jonz.net/ng.htm
Old March 16th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MadHatter

On Mar 13, 3:38 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
Enjoy this one:http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif
--

Alfred Molon

What sort of honest business does he run? Apparently he doesn't mind
when someone steals his product.
Old March 16th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_3_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

I was thinking of registering that particular color scheme (blue and
green) shown in this GIF. Therefore, I will need you to remove this
image before I call my lawyer.
Old March 17th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris W

Alfred Molon wrote:

Enjoy this one:
http://i30.tinypic.com/et6ump.gif

After finding that MySpace copyright enforcement was hopeless, I changed
my server to return a corrupt JPEG header when it sees a MySpace
referrer. Now I have my bandwidth back.

Could you please post an example (or 2, or 3) of the MySpace
referrer(s). Or, point me to a URL that discusses this topic.

My web host currently has the logs snafu'ed and I cannot scan my logs
for what they may be.

If you can't view the logs for you web site, I'm not sure what good
knowing this is to you. However here is an example of a log entry from
one of my web sites...

78.3.92.164 - - [16/Mar/2008:16:57:47 -0600] "GET /images/ABC123.jpg
HTTP/1.1" 200 19944
"http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=52 877"
"Opera/9.24 (Windows NT 6.0; U; hr)"

What you can learn from that is the IP address of the computer viewing
the image is 78.3.92.184, The date they viewed it. The path and name of
the image (/images/ABC123.jpg), the version of the HTTP protocol they
used (HTTP/1.1), the HTTP response code (200), the size of the data sent
(19944), the web page referring the user here
(http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...eadid=52 877),
and Finally the Web browser and operating system they were using
(Opera/9.24 (Windows NT 6.0; U; hr))

Having a web site listed as the referrer can mean one of two things.
Either the image is impeded (displayed) in/on the web page, or there is
simply a link to the image on that web page.

Keep in mind that the browser can fake the referrer, the browser and OS
being used. Some browses make it easy to fake that info but most users
don't know about it.

With out access to your logs, you can make your own log file in a
database but it would require writing a script that would take the
request for an image, log the data, then send the requested image. This
would also mean that the links to all your images would have to change
to use this script or people could access them directly and bypass the
script that is doing the logging. In php it would be pretty easy. The
links would simply be something like, ShowImage.php?i=ImageName.jpg
then the ShowImage.php script would log the request and open the image
and send it. The images would need to be in some folder with an obscure
name so that people couldn't guess where they were. With the right
access to the server, the images could be in a place that could only be
read by the script, but if you had that kind of access to the server you
would most likely have access to the log files.