The nose knows

Old April 29th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
wintermute

Default The nose knows

http://picasaweb.google.com/djholman...90346839734162

The pupster sleeping.

--

wintermute

Old April 29th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

Old April 30th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
wintermute

On 2008-04-29 15:10:53 -0700, "Charles" said:

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

It was entirely intentional, but thanks for the critique.

Old May 2nd 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie

In article 2008042918354416807-nospam@nocom,

On 2008-04-29 15:10:53 -0700, "Charles" said:

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

It was entirely intentional, but thanks for the critique.

Maybe a closer shot would do the trick. The nose is such a small part
of your image.

Here's a quick example:
http://www.pixelmemory.us/misc/dognose.jpg

It's a crummy photo but it shows what perspective distortion can do for
you.

--
Block Google's spam and enjoy Usenet again.
Reply with Google and I won't hear from you.
Old May 2nd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
wintermute

On 2008-04-29 15:10:53 -0700, "Charles" said:

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

It was entirely intentional, but thanks for the critique.

Maybe a closer shot would do the trick. The nose is such a small part
of your image.

Here's a quick example:
http://www.pixelmemory.us/misc/dognose.jpg

It's a crummy photo but it shows what perspective distortion can do for
you.

Yup, I would have liked to get closer, the lens I used was the Canon
50mm f1.8 prime (80mm on my 30D). I was as close as I could get and
still get the nose in focus.

Maybe some day I'll be able to justify a nice macro lens.

Old May 3rd 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie

On 2008-04-29 15:10:53 -0700, "Charles" said:

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

It was entirely intentional, but thanks for the critique.

Maybe a closer shot would do the trick. The nose is such a small part
of your image.

Here's a quick example:
http://www.pixelmemory.us/misc/dognose.jpg

It's a crummy photo but it shows what perspective distortion can do for
you.

Yup, I would have liked to get closer, the lens I used was the Canon
50mm f1.8 prime (80mm on my 30D). I was as close as I could get and
still get the nose in focus.

Maybe some day I'll be able to justify a nice macro lens.

I used a Canon 10-22mm EF-S lens. Expensive, but fun.

Old May 3rd 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
wintermute

On 2008-04-29 15:10:53 -0700, "Charles" said:

"wintermute" wrote in message

A rather shallow depth of field, for my taste, given this shot.

It was entirely intentional, but thanks for the critique.

Maybe a closer shot would do the trick. The nose is such a small part
of your image.

Here's a quick example:
http://www.pixelmemory.us/misc/dognose.jpg

It's a crummy photo but it shows what perspective distortion can do for
you.

Yup, I would have liked to get closer, the lens I used was the Canon
50mm f1.8 prime (80mm on my 30D). I was as close as I could get and
still get the nose in focus.

Maybe some day I'll be able to justify a nice macro lens.

I used a Canon 10-22mm EF-S lens. Expensive, but fun.

That is likely the next lens. My old film cameras and lenses had a nice
wide end to them. I was shocked when I went digital and learned about
the less than full frame APC-C sensor and the 1.6x Focal length
multiplier. Not quite as shocked at the price of Digital full frame
cameras though! Just hard to justify for a hobby. Or more importantly
very hard to get past 'management' as it were. ;+)

--

thepixelfreak