White Background

Old March 2nd 05, 02:29 PM
Galtrey Galtrey is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy White Background

I have been trying to photograph some items for my company brocure and bought a "light cube" to give me a white background, but background comes out yellow, never white?

I have tried using extra lighting to saturate teh cube, but it makes no difference, also tried over exposing, using a zoom lens etc.

Using a Dimage Z2 digital camera, flash position is an issue on close up, but even from a distance I cant make item being photographed look like it does in professional mags etc?

KevinG
Old February 26th 06, 07:37 PM
Chris.black Chris.black is offline
Junior Member

Location: I live in Wallasey which is just over the river Mersey from Liverpool.
Send a message via MSN to Chris.black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrey
I have been trying to photograph some items for my company brocure and bought a "light cube" to give me a white background, but background comes out yellow, never white?

I have tried using extra lighting to saturate teh cube, but it makes no difference, also tried over exposing, using a zoom lens etc.

Using a Dimage Z2 digital camera, flash position is an issue on close up, but even from a distance I cant make item being photographed look like it does in professional mags etc?

KevinG
Is the light a tungsten bulb? If so tungsten light is actually orange/yellow. If you were shooting with film you could get a tungsten balanced film, but im afraid i dont really know anything about digital, but you should be able to go on to your settings and change the white balance.
Old November 27th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.advanced
Gerald Place

Default White Background

Hi,

I have encountered this with a Fuji S2. The flash setting seems to be
slightly warm. You can correct the white balance with appropriate
software-even the free Picasa from Google. It has several ways of sorting
out these problems.

Gerald

--
Chris.black