UPDATE!

Old August 4th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The pixel Bandit

Default UPDATE!

Helen wrote:
I sent an email to the company as most of you suggested. I stated
that this person did not ask my permission, and I pasted a link to the
article. They replied today, apologized and said the photo will be
taken down.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind help.
Helen

Excellent!
Now they don't have to pay you and you lose the opportunity
for getting your name against the picture. Well done girl!!!

--

I'm coming back as a Pelican...
Watch out because I'm staying the worlds biggest ass-hole!
Old August 4th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_29_]

* The pixel Bandit wrote :
Helen wrote:
I sent an email to the company as most of you suggested. I stated
that this person did not ask my permission, and I pasted a link to the
article. They replied today, apologized and said the photo will be
taken down.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind help.
Helen

Excellent!
Now they don't have to pay you and you lose the opportunity
for getting your name against the picture. Well done girl!!!

So how much are you getting paid for this? At least you're
getting credit for it I suppose...

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html

--
Troy Piggins
Old August 4th 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Default UPDATE! (a little long - sorry folks.)

The pixel Bandit wrote:
Troy Piggins wrote:
* The pixel Bandit wrote :

Now they don't have to pay you and you lose the opportunity
for getting your name against the picture. Well done girl!!!

So how much are you getting paid for this? At least you're
getting credit for it I suppose...

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html

I often refer people to Jeff Ralph's site for a laugh. Anyone
who's seen or bought my marine photos has probably seen the
one he's helped sell for me. The description beside the one
on sale right now describes his stupidity pretty well.

Have fun wallowing in your fantasy, Doug.

It is really quaint how the jerk (I had a dog named Ralph once
who never stopped barking either) is so insecure about using
my copyright work without permission, he quotes an invalid
part of the Aussie copyright act as the exclusion he thinks
he's using to keep them in place.

Uh huh.
Invalid because:
(1) Doug doesn't understand it, and/or
(2) Doug doesn't agree with it.

Both, I suspect.

... Ha, ha, ha.... If only it
were true I'd have a ball with Bret and Helen's stuff.

Are you trying to insult me, Doug? I like dogs (and I don't respect your
opinion anyway.)

The truth is, I could have my pictures taken down before noon

So do it.
Liar.

tomorrow but I'm comfortable in the knowledge that when
someone questions me about it, I usually end up getting a new
member to the sessions I regularly hold on digital
photography. Money in my pocket, so-to-speak and when they buy
my gadgets for accurate alignment of the shots, I get even
more pocket money.

Fantasies are fun, Doug.
I'm happy for you.
You seem to get so much out of your dreams.

That's good.
It's cheaper than your Zoloft, isn't it!

This little snippet doesn't apply to Helen but in 2008
Australia's copyright laws changed to exclude the clause he
quotes as an "exemption" for his theft.
http://www.cppa.org.au/new-AU%20copyright-laws.pdf

Read it again, Doug.
It adds provisions - not excludes them.

The only reason I can think of for him believing in the tooth
fairy might be because my co-hosted servers are in the USA and
he thinks he can use US Copyright laws to protect him from
prosecution for stealing from them... If only it were true
mate, if only.

"Stealing"?
Get your facts right, Doug.
Fair use for the purposes of parody and satire applies perfectly here - and
has not been removed from the Act.

But I restate:

I will happily, willingly and unhesitatingly remove permanently from any of
the websites I maintain each and every reference to you (Doug) and your
"photography" if you simply provide rational evidence of the claims you make
in the page I quote.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html (in case you forgot)

IOW, *prove* me wrong and I'll back down. I promise.

Posting the imaginary "stepped-out pano" (you know - the one that exists
only in your fantasies) would be a really good start.

Alternatively, posting the identity of the imaginary gallery in which this
imaginary pano is displayed and "sold". That'd do too.

But you'll find some excuse not to.

Anything but the truth. (Which is: "they don't exist.")

BTW, Doug, it's well over a year since I posted that page. I've done
nothing on the issue since then, except occasionally remind you of it when
you become obnoxious.

Hardly a significant effort.
I really don't care about you Doug.

Your fantasies are you own business (and your business is a fantasy, too.)

Your lies are pretty egregious, though, and some folk here might not
recognise them as such. We do what we can to let people know you are a
pathological liar with a Walter Mitty complex and a serious vision defect.

You sure are fun to bait, though.

:-)

--
Jeff R.