Feeling old..

Old September 16th 04, 09:29 AM
Chris Brown

Bandicoot wrote:
"Chris Brown" wrote in message
[SNIP]
I'm currently drinking a
bottle of Caol Ila 18, which is *seriously* nice.

You lucky dog you...

's not that lucky - the wife simply went out to the off-licence and came
back with it. They have a pretty decent range of single malts. All very
civilised really. :-)

Old September 16th 04, 04:54 PM
Alan Browne

Bandicoot wrote:

You all need to join the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. SMWS bottlings can be
revelatory.

Not exactly a budget hobby...

Old September 16th 04, 06:39 PM
Peter Chant

Alan Browne writes:
Bandicoot wrote:

You all need to join the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. SMWS bottlings can be
revelatory.

Not exactly a budget hobby...

Try medium format!

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old September 16th 04, 08:55 PM
Alan Browne

Peter Chant wrote:
Try medium format!

It's on my B list... but issues like scanning kind of put it out
of reach for now as well as no control over B&W printing (unless
I set up a DR ... more $...). If I can find a used Nikon 8000
scanner for reasonable then I can easilly find reasonable Hassy's
with 80mm ... a lot are up for sale and the prices have slid ..
there are also some 645's but I'm antsy wrt Mamiya. a 6x7 would
be my ultimate preferance, just not easy to find.. and
projectors? MUCHO dinero and little support.

Anyway, something I want to do but not on my A list.

Cheers,
Alan.