Transcend SDHC Cards

Old January 5th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Transcend SDHC Cards

After researching a bewildering array of high-capacity SD cards for my
Nikon D40x, I've decided to go with a Transcend 4GB SDHC card.
However, while shopping for them, I've found two different labels on
what appears to be the same card, yet one is significantly cheaper.
For example, Tiger Direct offers this card for $29.99: http://tinyurl.com/yvtyjz

NewEgg.com has what seems to be the same card, but with a different
label, for $62.99: http://tinyurl.com/2mscxu

Both seem to be a 4GB SDHC card with a speed rating of Class 6. The
more expensive card has a 150x on the label, but I'm not sure what
that refers to. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the
two cards is?
Old January 5th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sally

wrote in
:
NewEgg.com has what seems to be the same card, but with a different
label, for $62.99:
http://tinyurl.com/2mscxu

Newegg.com also sells a Transcend 8GB SDHC class 6 card for $35 (after
rebate). It might not be as fast as your 150X card, but I doubt that you
need the extra speed.
Old January 5th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
iws

wrote in message
After researching a bewildering array of high-capacity SD cards for my
Nikon D40x, I've decided to go with a Transcend 4GB SDHC card.
However, while shopping for them, I've found two different labels on
what appears to be the same card, yet one is significantly cheaper.
For example, Tiger Direct offers this card for $29.99:
http://tinyurl.com/yvtyjz

NewEgg.com has what seems to be the same card, but with a different
label, for $62.99: http://tinyurl.com/2mscxu

Both seem to be a 4GB SDHC card with a speed rating of Class 6. The
more expensive card has a 150x on the label, but I'm not sure what
that refers to. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the
two cards is?

Speed. The 150X is faster. Class 6 only guarantees that the card will be at
least capable of 6 MB/sec. Tigerdirect also has the 150X card for $80..

Old January 5th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Thanks for the responses!