Difficult technical question on ISO & light

Old November 3rd 04, 04:25 AM
Gymmy Bob

Default Difficult technical question on ISO & light

What difference does it make how it is done? The fact is I can do multiple
exposures in my camera which dickwad troll says I can't.

He is just trolling and rolls his argument to keep the troll going.

"Harvey" wrote in message

"Tom Phillips" wrote in message

Dave Martindale wrote:

Tom Phillips writes:

[...]

And CCDs are quite capable of multiple exposures, as long as you leave
the charge in the CCD between exposures. Why do you think they are not
capable of this?

They *aren't* capable of doing this *as yet* - the charge leaks away quite
quickly on all [photographic] CCD sensors on the market - its one of the
many current limitations of CCD manufacture - pack too many sensors in,

the
capacitors become small and the charge leaks away before you get time to
read it out.

Things are changing though - CCD image area sizes are getting larger -

that
allows the charge capacitors to be bigger and hold the charge longer,

making
true multiple exposure a possibility.