Nikon 5700, white stripes, "smear" but seems to be to strong...

Old June 3rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Nikon 5700, white stripes, "smear" but seems to be to strong...

I know effect called "smear" - when for example I have a strong light
(bulb, sun) there appear a vertical line in both EVF and LCD and
picture is not affected

.. But my nikon coolpix 5700 seems to be too sensitive for this - it
appear for example when I have a bright window in room, sometimes in
car when besides main window I have part of darker room (than it can be
seen almost over whole area) - please, look at the example photos
(photos of my LCD - these were done by another camera)

omega.pl/nikon

especially pictures 2,3,4.

Is that normal in this camera? (I did not have opportunity to compare
two 5700s)

Pavello

Old June 3rd 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

pavello wrote:

I know effect called "smear" - when for example I have a strong light
(bulb, sun) there appear a vertical line in both EVF and LCD and
picture is not affected

. But my nikon coolpix 5700 seems to be too sensitive for this - it
appear for example when I have a bright window in room, sometimes in
car when besides main window I have part of darker room (than it can be
seen almost over whole area) - please, look at the example photos
(photos of my LCD - these were done by another camera)

omega.pl/nikon

especially pictures 2,3,4.

Is that normal in this camera? (I did not have opportunity to compare
two 5700s)

Pavello

I also had that in my 5700. It is annoying. I don't think that will
show up in the actual photos.

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l
Old June 4th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

TheNewsGuy(Mike) napisal(a):
pavello wrote:

I know effect called "smear" - when for example I have a strong light
(bulb, sun) there appear a vertical line in both EVF and LCD and
picture is not affected

. But my nikon coolpix 5700 seems to be too sensitive for this - it
appear for example when I have a bright window in room, sometimes in
car when besides main window I have part of darker room (than it can be
seen almost over whole area) - please, look at the example photos
(photos of my LCD - these were done by another camera)

omega.pl/nikon

especially pictures 2,3,4.

Is that normal in this camera? (I did not have opportunity to compare
two 5700s)

Pavello

I also had that in my 5700. It is annoying. I don't think that will
show up in the actual photos.

Thank You for reply. Today I visited another shop to test another CP
5700 and the effect was the same - so I really have to learn to live
with this. Now I am sure this is a part of this model, not of mine copy

regards,
pavello