Seattle Film Works Process SFW-XL

Old February 15th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Seattle Film Works Process SFW-XL

In article , Bill Tuthill wrote:

I didn't know they even made color film 40 years ago.

Ever see the Wizard of Oz?

Old February 15th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

(refering to the Wizard of Oz)

And that was released 67 years ago!

The Wizzard of Oz was NOT shot on color film. It was shot using technicolor
which was a monochrome process. There films were shot simultaneously, one
with a red, one with a green and one with a blue filter. They were combined
in printing to give the normal color appearence.

Color film was first produced as Kodachrome in 1935. I'm not sure when
color negative film was first produced, but it was general use in the
late '50s or early '60s.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old February 15th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Color film? I didn't know they even made color film 40 years ago.

Sorry, I forgot to put the irony indicator into my post: irony or ;-)

But while I'm mentioning it, most color films of the 1950-60s (except
Kodachrome of course) were much less archival than those of today.

G- Blank axed:

I once left an exposed roll of Supra 800 for just one year, and
the images printed from it were totally unacceptable.

You made the blanket statement. The next question is what did the
negative look like? I have kept slide films up to a year with no
adverse affects, it may depend on where one stores the film.

The negatives were awful as well, judging by HP Photosmart scans.
I'm telling ya, "Process Promptly" like it says on the box.

Old February 16th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

In article .com,
"djs" writes:

I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
them developed?

You posted this separately (multi-posted) to at least two newsgroups. In
the future, please either restrict your post to a single group or
cross-post (put all group names, separated by commas, on the "Newsgroups"
line). Multi-posting wastes bandwidth, makes the message appear multiple
times in the newsreaders of people who read multiple groups to which the
message is posted, and creates two separate discussion threads, which
means people might respond needlessly or be unable to get the benefit from
posts in an unread group.

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com
Old February 16th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

(refering to the Wizard of Oz)

And that was released 67 years ago!

The Wizzard of Oz was NOT shot on color film. It was shot using
technicolor
which was a monochrome process. There films were shot simultaneously, one
with a red, one with a green and one with a blue filter. They were
combined
in printing to give the normal color appearence.

Listen up, smart ass - TECHNICOLOR is a COLOR process. They used three
special monochrome films (2 panchromatic, 1 orthochromatic) to record the
Red, Blue, and Green records, which were combined in printing to give a full
color image. Note that there were only TWO filters, Magenta and Green, not
three as you stated in your post (see technical diagrams at website below).
The insulting tone of your post implies that "The Wizard of Oz" (note how I
spelled that correctly) was not color, when in fact, it simply wasn't shot
with monopack color film. Stop confusing folks with your semantic bull****
and drop the attitude.

http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/oldc...chnicolor4.htm

Color film was first produced as Kodachrome in 1935. I'm not sure when
color negative film was first produced, but it was general use in the
late '50s or early '60s.

Geoff.

Let's see if we can fill in some blanks here... According to "A Half
Century of Color" by Louis Walton Sipley, 1951, Macmillan Co. ...
Kodachrome first came out as 16mm motion picture film in 1935. In spring of
1936, it came out in 8mm movie film. In Aug. 1936, it was introduced in 35mm
and 828 formats. Color film was produced MUCH earlier than Kodachrome, as
the Lumiere brothers invented Autochrome film in 1903, and were selling it
in 1907!!!!

Go here to see what Autochromes look like:

www.autochrome.com

www.autochrome.org/

Color negative film was introduced in 1941-2 with Kodacolor (George Eastman
House says 1941, Eastman Kodak says 1942 for this film).

Derek

Old February 16th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

In article ,
says...
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

[...]

Please do not confuse people with facts. This has been attempted many
times in the past and is now officially consideredd a waste of time.

Old February 16th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 02:24:44 GMT, "Derek Gee"
wrote:

[---]

Color negative film was introduced in 1941-2 with Kodacolor (George Eastman
House says 1941, Eastman Kodak says 1942 for this film).

Earlier than that. It was patented by Agfa in 1936, and put on the
market in 1937.
Old February 17th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

"Andrew Price" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 02:24:44 GMT, "Derek Gee"
wrote:

[---]

Color negative film was introduced in 1941-2 with Kodacolor (George
Eastman
House says 1941, Eastman Kodak says 1942 for this film).

Earlier than that. It was patented by Agfa in 1936, and put on the
market in 1937.

Found a few more facts... Agfa introduced their Agfacolor-Neu transparency
film in 1936. Their color negative film didn't appear until 1939 - two
years before Kodacolor.

Derek

Old June 20th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

"djs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
them developed? I searched several photograph news groups but there is
very little information that isn't over 6 years old.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some advice that I find says the film is old movei film.

Check with Dale Labs. They were one of the original Eastmancolor movie film
processors back in the 70s. They list a toll free number on their web site
at www.dalelabs.com.

They're an excellent photofinisher and, if they handle your film type, you
can be assured that they will give you good results.