People who top post should be banned from Usenet

Old March 27th 04, 04:01 AM
Steve Young

Default People who top post should be banned from Usenet

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
Steve Young wrote

"Roger Hunt" wrote
I suppose that's marginally better than the half-arsed snip that loses
portions of the info, or puts things out of context (mind you it's great
fun when trolling).

like one of our favorites? (msxmanic?)

Thanks for the tip, I shall peruse the archives ... ;-)

i'm sorry I spelled the handle wrong it is mxsmanic

like about 500 of em on my server now. cut and jump the argument is the
specialty

Lionel teaches the trick, using pasted examples

--
A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

Old March 27th 04, 05:10 AM
Roger Hunt

In article p, Jim
Davis wrote
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:22:47 +0000, Roger Hunt
wrote/replied to:

marginally better than the half-arsed snip that loses
portions of the info

Hell, if people used Agent, you could simply highlight with your mouse
anything you wanted quoted, and bingo, it'd be quoted when you
replied.

Aha! And Turnpike does this too.
But no, you gotta go and use someting like OE.

I have to use OE occasionally and it's so greasy, like a blocked pore.
Or if you didn't know this but actually use Agent..

I've given Free Agent a try and it is very smooth, but TP5.01 is also
smooth and I like it - lucky it came with my Demon account otherwise I
might have started out with OE, and ended up scraping faeces out of my
ears all the time.
I have no time for people who can't be bothered moving their mouse a
few short mms, or even think that top posting is perfectly alright.
Those people have **** for brains, pure and simple.

A lot of these people should also count to ten before posting, but the
ghastly problem of course is that they *can't* count to ten so we are
all doomed to suffer this crap for All Eternity. Arrrghhh!
--
Roger Hunt
Old March 27th 04, 06:36 AM
Pepys

I agree totally

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
. ne.jp...
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:48:44 +0000, Roger Hunt
wrote/replied to:

In article , DJ
wrote
so do I.....

wrote in message
At least that is what Steve Young opines and i personally agree with

him

These disgracefully irresponsible anti-social elements should be fined
heavily, and the proceeds put towards worthwhile hardware projects.
I humbly volunteer to be cashier.

Never mind. Make me a filter that filters out any top post. I have
never read a top posted mail that was worth reading. I'm serious.

Old March 27th 04, 06:37 AM
Pepys

I tend to disagree

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
. ne.jp...
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:16:16 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote/replied to:

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

Where top posting is requested, by all means do it. Otherwise stop
looking stupid.

Old March 27th 04, 06:49 AM
Frank ess

I am in-

Pepys wrote:
I tend to disagree

wrote/replied to:

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

Where top posting is requested, by all means do it. Otherwise stop
looking stupid.

different.

--
Frank ess

Old March 27th 04, 06:52 AM
Frank ess

Or maybe am-

Frank ess wrote:
I am in-

Pepys wrote:
I tend to disagree

wrote/replied to:

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

Where top posting is requested, by all means do it. Otherwise stop
looking stupid.

different.

bivalent.

--
Frank ess

Old March 27th 04, 07:41 AM
Roger Halstead

wrote/replied to:

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

Where top posting is requested, by all means do it. Otherwise stop
looking stupid.

So much heat of such a silly subject.
It appears that as this is a photography group no one expects a blind
person to read it, but I'd assume there are probably a few who do.

OTOH, what does it matter where some one posts if it can easily be
connected with what's there and makes sense? That'd be averaging
better than around 75% of the posts.

It's a whale of a lot better than those who quote nothing and expect
it to be connected with the one above, except they don't realize these
things don't always follow in the same order on all servers.

Like some other topics, it doesn't bother me if they top, bottom, or
insert the post as long as it makes sense.

It's one of those things in life not worth getting excited about.
:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old March 27th 04, 09:10 AM
mark_digital

There's a few engineering design flaws incorporated in your
Dewault cordless drill. When the time comes to replace it
consider a 18 volt Milwaukee.
mark_

Old March 28th 04, 06:07 AM
Michael Scarpitti

I do not.

Old March 28th 04, 06:19 AM
B. Peg

Google, their archives at least, hates bottom posters. Someone must be
right. Google maybe?