People who top post should be banned from Usenet

Old March 26th 04, 03:56 PM
Paul Schmidt

Default People who top post should be banned from Usenet

Roger Hunt wrote:
In article , Paul Schmidt
wrote

Top posting, I think originated, because most Useneters have the
annoying habit, of quoting everything from the entire thread, then
adding one or two lines to the end. If you add your "ya man" to the
top, then people don't need to scroll all the way through 47,654,251
lines of crap to find that your quoting a quote of a quote of a quote,
and that there is 6 lines of content, and 47,654,245 lines of crap....

Does that include the 3,156,883 lines of flamboyant sig?

Yes, and another 6,342,472 lines of "and so and so wrote" even when
whatever they wrote has no meaning anymore, because it's lost in the
stuff....

Old March 26th 04, 04:22 PM
Roger Hunt

In article , Paul Schmidt
wrote
Roger Hunt wrote:
In article , Paul Schmidt
wrote

Top posting, I think originated, because most Useneters have the
annoying habit, of quoting everything from the entire thread, then
adding one or two lines to the end. If you add your "ya man" to the
top, then people don't need to scroll all the way through 47,654,251
lines of crap to find that your quoting a quote of a quote of a quote,
and that there is 6 lines of content, and 47,654,245 lines of crap....

Does that include the 3,156,883 lines of flamboyant sig?

Yes, and another 6,342,472 lines of "and so and so wrote" even when
whatever they wrote has no meaning anymore, because it's lost in the
stuff....

I suppose that's marginally better than the half-arsed snip that loses
portions of the info, or puts things out of context (mind you it's great
fun when trolling).
--
Roger Hunt
Old March 26th 04, 05:08 PM
Canongirly

Top post? Top post? Did you say Top post? *******s.

"DJ" wrote in message
so do I.....

wrote in message
At least that is what Steve Young opines and i personally agree with him

Old March 26th 04, 05:11 PM
RSD99

Top posting is "bad?"

What a bunch of idiots!

"Canongirly" wrote in message
Top post? Top post? Did you say Top post? *******s.

"DJ" wrote in message
so do I.....

Old March 26th 04, 06:16 PM
Roger Halstead

Although not germane to a photography group... although I guess it
could apply due to interest, many groups have blind posters such as
many of the ham radio groups and reflectors. There, top posting is
not only accepted, but requested.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:23:36 -0500, Paul Schmidt

At least that is what Steve Young opines and i personally agree with him

Top posting, I think originated, because most Useneters have the
annoying habit, of quoting everything from the entire thread, then
adding one or two lines to the end. If you add your "ya man" to the
top, then people don't need to scroll all the way through 47,654,251
lines of crap to find that your quoting a quote of a quote of a quote,
and that there is 6 lines of content, and 47,654,245 lines of crap....

Paul

Old March 26th 04, 06:38 PM
fmaas

snip
What are we talking about?

Old March 26th 04, 07:57 PM
Steve Young

Paul Schmidt

Yes, and another 6,342,472 lines of "and so and so wrote" even when
whatever they wrote has no meaning anymore, because it's lost in the
stuff....

"Roger Hunt" wrote
I suppose that's marginally better than the half-arsed snip that loses
portions of the info, or puts things out of context (mind you it's great
fun when trolling).

like one of our favorites? (msxmanic?)

--
A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

Old March 27th 04, 02:39 AM
Roger Hunt

In article ,
Steve Young wrote
Paul Schmidt

Yes, and another 6,342,472 lines of "and so and so wrote" even when
whatever they wrote has no meaning anymore, because it's lost in the
stuff....

"Roger Hunt" wrote
I suppose that's marginally better than the half-arsed snip that loses
portions of the info, or puts things out of context (mind you it's great
fun when trolling).

like one of our favorites? (msxmanic?)

Thanks for the tip, I shall peruse the archives ... ;-)
--
Roger Hunt
Old March 27th 04, 02:40 AM
Roger Hunt

In article , fmaas
wrote

snip
What are we talking about?

We're talking about snip, of course, as in subject line.
--
Roger Hunt
Old March 27th 04, 02:45 AM
stewy

The most irritating pepul are doze dat cant spell and don use punchuation

"Pepys" wrote in message
Me too

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
om...