Future of Kodak Photographic Papers?

Old November 30th 04, 07:47 PM
Jeremy

"Ron Baird" wrote in message

Although the films you note
are gone, T-Max was introduced as noted, which brought a whole new

emulsion
technology to the fore. We do still invest in research for film products.

Hey, Ron--

Can you tell me anything about VR200 film? It seems to be some kind of
budget item. I bought it in packs of 4 rolls for $3.99. I can't find any
reference to the stuff in the Kodak web site, but the film was all currently
dated stuff.

Is this emulsion a reincarnation of Kodacolor-II?

Old December 9th 04, 05:53 PM
Ron Baird

Hi Jeremy,

Just saw your post, so thought I would share what I have on that film. GOLD
200 Film is a great film in its speed class for saturation, accuracy, &
sharpness. At the same time - since you noted ROYAL GOLD 200 Film - it
offers excellent image structure making it ideal for enlargements. Contrast
is slightly lower than GOLD 200 Film which is not necessarily an
advantage/disadvantage. The VR 200 gives you good balance of color, grain, &
sharpness and is really designed for the value-conscious user. You should
be able to find it in stores like Aldi and others of that ilk. Hope this
helps.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Jeremy" wrote in message
nk.net...

Old December 9th 04, 11:43 PM
Michael A. Covington

Dear Ron and others,

Speaking of the future of things...

E100 got re-engineered recently (from E100S to E100G) to make it much
finer-grained. Someone at Kodak told me E200 was going to undergo a similar
improvement. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks,

--
Clear skies,

Michael A. Covington