Legal to resell Photoshop upgrade?

Old July 24th 05, 05:44 PM
jav

Default Legal to resell Photoshop upgrade?

I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few
months ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

Old July 24th 05, 10:02 PM
Charles Schuler

"jav" wrote in message
I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few
months ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

How would an upgrade be useable to the buyer?

Old July 24th 05, 10:25 PM
Paul Mitchum

jav wrote:

I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few months
ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

Read the license agreement.
Old July 24th 05, 11:50 PM
jav

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"jav" wrote in message
I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few
months ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

How would an upgrade be useable to the buyer?

I have the original disc and manual. Someone with Photoshop 7.0 or
earlier could upgrade to Photoshop CS.

Old July 25th 05, 01:50 AM
BigEd

jav wrote:
I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few
months ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

You may be making a mistake. I know Microsoft Office up-grades are just
that and will not work stand alone. So if you sell the 7.0 and it is
like this and you need to reload the software you may well be out of luck.

Check this out prior to selling.
Old July 25th 05, 10:22 PM
Charles Schuler

"jav" wrote in message
I purchased a full copy of Photoshop 7.0 a couple years ago. I then
purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS when it came out, and a few
months ago purchased another upgrade to Photoshop CS2.

Is it legal for me to resell my Photoshop CS upgrade? It's not required
for upgrading from 7.0 to CS2 and I've paid for all three copies.

How would an upgrade be useable to the buyer?

I have the original disc and manual. Someone with Photoshop 7.0 or
earlier could upgrade to Photoshop CS.

Well, then I suppose it is legal as you are offering only the upgrade
itself, which you own and are entitled to resell as long as you are not
"helping" someone to upgrade who does not own the required base product.

As to reading the licensing agreement, lots of luck! Some of the stuff in
those is controversial, in any case. I would not be surprised if some of
the agreements out there forbid resale of upgrades, by the way. However,
just because it's written does not automatically mean it would prevail in
any given law court. In other words, Adobe won't come after you in this
case!