ISO and actual sensitivity in DSLR's (D70, *istD, 20D, S3...)

Old March 25th 05, 02:20 PM
Philip Homburg

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote:
For those who use an incident meter or seperate spot meters (including
myself), such information is useful.

Not really. You have to calibrate your meter against the histograms that
result in your camera.

And I suspect that the results are simply random, since presumably they used
matrix/evaluative metering which is, in principle, completely random and
unpredictable (assuming it does what they say it doesg).

What does the sensitivity of a sensor have to do with the built-in lightmeter
of a camera?

Old March 25th 05, 02:30 PM
David J Taylor

Alan Browne wrote:
[]
er, this is an equipment group. This *is* one of the things we
discuss here.

"This" is cross-posted, so it's not even one group.....

David

Old March 25th 05, 03:40 PM
Roland Karlsson

Alan Browne wrote in news:d213jh$iuf$2
@inews.gazeta.pl:

er, this is an equipment group. This *is* one of the things we discuss
here.

Alan - I just tried to be nice to Pete.

Personally I fully agree with you. I just acknowledged
that not everyone do. And that is OK IMHO.

/Roland

Old March 25th 05, 04:00 PM
Alan Browne

David J Taylor wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:
[]

er, this is an equipment group. This *is* one of the things we
discuss here.

"This" is cross-posted, so it's not even one group.....

Both groups are equipment related. I apologize for my use of the
singular above and trust that the flogging, while justly deserved, will
be administered mercifully.