A&M Photo

Old September 1st 04, 05:33 PM
Bob Srdoch

Default A&M Photo

Anyone out there have any experience with A&M Photo out of NY .... their
prices seem too good to be true.

Bob

Old September 1st 04, 07:31 PM
Jerry Cargile

Bob Srdoch wrote:

Anyone out there have any experience with A&M Photo out of NY .... their
prices seem too good to be true.

I just ordered a Minolta Z3 from them. The price was the cheapest I
found online($389 $409 with shipping), but when I called to confirm the
order, the guy wanted to know if I wanted the English version instead of
the Korean version, which he said I ordered...WRONG. He said the manual
would be in Korean language. I said I wanted the English version and
was shocked that they charged me $30 more for an English version. I
think I got hosed, because I'm sure they don't purchase foreign manuals
to sell since their business is in NY.

Jerry

Old September 1st 04, 11:46 PM
Bill Bannon

I suspect you got the same Korean camera, they just charged you $30 for an
English manual. Check it when it arrives.

"Jerry Cargile" wrote in message
m...

Bob Srdoch wrote:

Anyone out there have any experience with A&M Photo out of NY .... their
prices seem too good to be true.

I just ordered a Minolta Z3 from them. The price was the cheapest I found
online($389 $409 with shipping), but when I called to confirm the order,
the guy wanted to know if I wanted the English version instead of the
Korean version, which he said I ordered...WRONG. He said the manual would
be in Korean language. I said I wanted the English version and was
shocked that they charged me $30 more for an English version. I think I
got hosed, because I'm sure they don't purchase foreign manuals to sell
since their business is in NY.

Jerry
..

Old September 2nd 04, 01:12 AM
Don R

I have made several camera purchaes from them with no problem at all. I
highly recommend them based upon my experience.

Old September 2nd 04, 03:48 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

They're one of the Brooklyn crooks, read all about them on www.photo.net
(Community/photo shops) or www.resellerratings.com, or any of the other
ratings sites.

Tom P.

Old September 2nd 04, 05:03 AM
NEWS

You are darn right. When it seems too good to be true, it usualy is.

Old September 2nd 04, 06:51 AM
DFS

"Don R" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have made several camera purchaes from them with no problem at all. I
highly recommend them based upon my experience.

Don R is either a VERY lucky guy ...or a shill for A&M Photo World.

He might be the "half person" that contributes to the 0.51 rating at
resellerratings.com ...or then again he could be just a shill for A&M.

Or, maybe he understands Korean, and enjoys paying for overpriced
accessories, warranties and the like.

DS

Old September 3rd 04, 01:26 AM
Don R

Wrong in all cases. I am just a guy in Florida who asks a lot of questions,
and when things do not sound right, offers to cancel the order. Then they
get right in line. But I really had very little issue with them compared to
others I had talked to. I have had some major battles with some of these
crooks. I left no rating for them, and speak no Korean. Just be very careful
with any of these guys and be prepared to walk when things do not sound
right.

"DFS" wrote in message news:hxyZc.1703$Ch1.822@trnddc05...

ink.net...

Old September 17th 04, 09:27 PM