KONICA MINOLTA DIMAGE A1 NEW $795.00

Old December 25th 03, 05:46 PM
Digitalave2

Default KONICA MINOLTA DIMAGE A1 NEW $795.00

BRAND NEW ... COMPLETE FACTORY PACKAGE ... MINOLTA USA WARRANTY

Available thru eaby or direct.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48 5
40&rd=1

Paypal accepted.
Old December 27th 03, 01:35 AM
Evan Platt

On 25 Dec 2003 17:46:18 GMT, (Digitalave2) wrote:

BRAND NEW ... COMPLETE FACTORY PACKAGE ... MINOLTA USA WARRANTY

Available thru eaby or direct.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48 5
40&rd=1

Paypal accepted.

http://www.amphotoworld.com

$604.95.

You're about $200 too high. Unless i'm missing something.
Old December 27th 03, 06:18 AM
Douglas

A&M have a rating of .70 out of 10,that is 7/10 out of 10! Bait and
Switch.The A1 can be found for under $700 many places though,reputable
places.

Old December 27th 03, 06:22 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

You missed the fact that A&M Photo is one of those crooked Brooklyn dealers.
B&H gets $899 for it, so I'd be suspicious of ANY price under about $800.

Tom P.

Old December 29th 03, 01:31 AM
Evan Platt

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:22:33 -0600, "Tom Pfeiffer"
wrote:

You missed the fact that A&M Photo is one of those crooked Brooklyn dealers.
B&H gets $899 for it, so I'd be suspicious of ANY price under about $800.

Sorry.

Froogle shows it at a number of sites for less than $700:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?pr... price=between

Evan
Old December 29th 03, 04:04 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Evan:

repeat after me: Brooklyn dealers are CROOKS!!!!

Top 10 From Froogle (in the order they are displayed with the link you
provided):

#1 - dbuys.com - 1-718-787-1345 (Brooklyn)
#2 - A&M Photo World - already been there in the last post
#3 - Broadway Photo - 1-718-338-1800 (Brooklyn)
#4 - National Imaging - 3126B Avenue U (Brooklyn)
#5 - Bilibi - 144 Avenue T (Brooklyn)
#6 - Central Digital - 1-718-254-9393 (Brooklyn)
#7 - Nice Electronics - 1-718-332-7900 (Brooklyn)
#8 - Electrosuperstore - Froogle returns "Not Found"
#9 - I Buy Digital.com - Froogle returns "Not Found"
#10 - Digital Photo - 1-718-686-2940 (Brooklyn)

I went ahead and checked another one for you, hopefully with 11 of them
you'll start to see the pattern:
#11 - Howdy Camera - 1809 Coney Island Avenue (Brooklyn)

Maybe now you can see "TheObvious", as you put it?

If they have an address in Brooklyn or a 718 area code or they are closed on
Saturdays and open on Sundays (and from Brooklyn), or they charge a 10-25%
restocking fee or $30 for regular shipping, they *might* be a crook.

Tom P.

Old December 29th 03, 05:20 AM
Douglas

Well,#10 on your list has a VERY GOOD resellersrating of 9.35.They are
well thought of in the photo forums.I paid $684 plus $15 shipping.No hard
sell or extras needed,USA warranty.I know the rep of Brooklyn dealers,but I
don't think that you can lump them ALL together,just like not ALL people
named Tom are crooks.Believe me,I know some Toms,I would not trust with my
garbage! By the way,Buy.com has the A1 for $759,and includes a $30 GC,plus
if you go through fatwallet you save another $15.Grand total after savings
$714 shipped! State Street told me they would go $729.These seem to be well
under your $800 price.
s.com...

Old December 29th 03, 05:44 PM
Tom Pfeiffer

Douglas:

I agree they seem to have a good rating, and maybe they do. The problem with
resellerratings is that ANYONE can post a rating, so you never know how many
are legitimate. I'd rather be sure who I was buying from than risk it for a
few dollars.

Here are a couple of comments about Digital Foto Club from another site that
requires registration:

Digital Foto Club : Sky - High Shipping Cost...and then it got higher!!!
I wanted to get a Sigma lens for my Nikon F100. I found Digital Photo Club
just by surfing around. The price was $318 US.I tested the checkout pages to
see what horrifying cost would be involved in getting the lens shipped to
Australia. $98 dollars, as compared to $60 with B & H Photo. Very, very high
price- some would say that's a gouge right there. However the all-up price
still worked out cheaper than B & H so I thought, why not save some money?
After all, the whole point of an Australian buying photo gear online in
the States is to save as much as possible off the Australian retail price.
In this case, the US lens would cost about $950 Australian, rather than the
$1200 it goes for retail.

So I went for it.

I got a confirmation email immediately and something that had been nagging
at me during the purchase made me reply to the email.

I asked them that, of course, the 98 dollars I had paid for "Worldwide
Express" shipping HAD to mean the lens was being sent via courier, right? I
mean for that sort of money, right?

WRONG!!!!

The email response came back saying I could have it couriered by UPS for
$110.

That was all I needed to hear. Three figure shipping cost????, compared to
$60 at B & H?????? No way!!! I lost my desire to deal with them.

I emailed back, cancelling the order and asking them to confirm
cancellation. They did this, quickly, too.

I should point out that they were very efficient and polite all along, but
the high and upwards creeping price of dealing with them scared me off.

I placed my order with B & H, instead. I'm glad I did.

-- Andrew McGregor, February 2, 2002

Digital Foto Club : No shipment after a week and a half, no customer
support
I found these folks after doing a google search for Kodak Supra 800
film. Their site was easy to use and very nicely organized, and I saw no
complaints about them. So, I placed my order for film on a Saturday. Their
website says that they process their orders in 24-48 hours so you can
imagine my surprise when my order showed up as processing on the Thursday
afterwards.
I emailed their customer support people with all the information about
my order, and asked them when I could expect shipment. I got an email back
from an Anna which told me that my order was processing and that as soon as
it was processed, I'd get a tracking number. No s**t, Sherlock?

It has now been a week and a half and my order still shows up as
processing. So much for the 24-48 hours they promise.

I will be getting in touch with my credit card company and telling them
to call these people. I'll also be filing complaints with the New York
attorney general's office -- go get 'em, Spitzer -- and the BBB.

Old December 29th 03, 06:35 PM
Evan Platt

#11 - Howdy Camera - 1809 Coney Island Avenue (Brooklyn)

Maybe now you can see "TheObvious", as you put it?

If they have an address in Brooklyn or a 718 area code or they are closed on
Saturdays and open on Sundays (and from Brooklyn), or they charge a 10-25%
restocking fee or $30 for regular shipping, they *might* be a crook.

Obviously, I stirred something up, because the auction now includes
512 MB and a cf reader.

Evan
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.