How many Nikons can you count?

Old August 24th 04, 06:25 PM
Tony Spadaro

In this case it means ONLY. Nikon is out in the cold of the very market
(journalism) they owned in 1970. This either says Canon makes a better
camera, or Nikon is pretty incompetent in the old marketing department.
Having owned Nikons I'll go for Canon being better. My 1991 Rebel is still
looking and working as new, and has never had a repair. Reliability,
quality, convienience what more can a photographer want?

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"peter Geran" wrote in message
news
Quantity...........Not QUALITY

More does not alway mean BEST .

"Mark M" wrote in message

"Chris Loffredo" wrote in message
PhotoMan wrote:

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forum/i...wtopic=569&hl=

Ah sports: The ultimate source of fine-art photography!

Ah.
So fine art is the standard for 300-600mm+ lenses then?
A rather...well...interesting argument.
Strange that artsy Nikon similarly makes so many of these worthless,
non-artistic long teles like Canon does. Why would they do that??

All my favourite photogs (Martin Paar, HCB, Walker Evans, etc.) are
famous for their sublime sports shots.

My ultimate wish is to photograph people playing overglorified

games...

Look up "sour grapes" in the dictionary, mate.

Old August 24th 04, 06:26 PM
Tony Spadaro

As I see it most "art" photographers are using Holgas -- Do you suppose
Nikon quality has dropped so far that they are not equated with Holga?

Old August 24th 04, 06:31 PM
Tony Spadaro

This set up is being used in commercials and even a few movies. The
subject is turned into a multiple image on one fram like the strobe shots of
Edgerton, but with solid subjects. It earns top dollar and getting the
timing is a real bitch.
Here are two rather simple examples using only one camera and film:
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/gallery1/mpix/mpix07.html
If you hit P you can look at a few more.

--
"Gordon Moat" wrote in message
PhotoMan wrote:

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forum/i...wtopic=569&hl=

What a bizarre set-up. So many cameras on remote control, a trained
monkey could have taken usable shots. Maybe this type of thing is why
some sports photographers get paid so poorly, and have largely ****ty
"all rights" contracts. Where it the skill and creative vision?

Reminds me of McDonald's . . . . . . . .

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com/gallery.html Updated!

Old August 24th 04, 06:35 PM
Brian C. Baird

says...
Reliability,
quality, convienience what more can a photographer want?

The ability to be a snob for snob's sake?
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Old August 24th 04, 06:35 PM
Thomas E. Witte

"Tonka" wrote in message ...
"PhotoMan" wrote in message
http://www.photomalaysia.com/forum/i...wtopic=569&hl=

No Nikons because these guys/gals are not after superb quality pictures.

They only require a quick shot good enough for a front page of a news paper.

Wow, thanks for devaluing my industry.

Thomas E. Witte

www.gophotography.net
www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=42
Old August 24th 04, 06:49 PM
Chris Loffredo

Tony Spadaro wrote:

In this case it means ONLY. Nikon is out in the cold of the very market
(journalism) they owned in 1970. This either says Canon makes a better
camera, or Nikon is pretty incompetent in the old marketing department.
Having owned Nikons I'll go for Canon being better. My 1991 Rebel is still
looking and working as new, and has never had a repair. Reliability,
quality, convienience what more can a photographer want?

Lets see, among the never repaired Cameras I have (AFIK: at least during
my ownership):

Nikon F (1969): heavy brassing (i.e about 10% brass). Works like new.
Nikon F2 (1977): Dent in top plate. Works like new.
Nikon FM (1978?): Many dents, ect. (my mountain camera - among other
things, fell down a gorge): Works like new.
Exakta Varex IIa (1954?): Works and (almost) looks like new.
Soviet Leningrad (1957?): Works and (almost) looks like new.
Rolleiflex SL2000F (1984?): Looks & works like new.
Rolleiflex SL35-E (1984?): Looks & works like new.
Leica M6 (1984?): Looks & works like new.

You really don't know how amazing I find the fact that your 1991 Canon
Rebel still works!