Nikon Coolpix 8700 Never Again

Old July 6th 05, 02:44 PM

Default Nikon Coolpix 8700 Never Again

I purchased my Nikon 8700 in March and was disappointed from the start.
Then in July the camera became Schizophrenic. The operating software
has gone completely haywire. The camera does what it wants to do, not
what I want it to do. Pretty neat trick for a mere $700.

First, the electronic viewfinder presents a flawed image of the
subject. Second, the function buttons on the lens barrel are too easily
activated by accident. Third, the image write cycle time is
unacceptably long. Fourth, the damn silly lens cap arrangement causes
the cap to be constantly in the way. And finally fifth, the camera has
now stopped functioning. Just GREAT!

Advise from Nikon has been useless. Only choice is to send camera off
for repair or replacement. Wonderful, I'll get back the same lousy
camera. Oh well live and learn. By the way how do you spell Canon?

Old July 6th 05, 03:12 PM
Tom Scales

wrote in message
oups.com...
I purchased my Nikon 8700 in March and was disappointed from the start.
Then in July the camera became Schizophrenic. The operating software
has gone completely haywire. The camera does what it wants to do, not
what I want it to do. Pretty neat trick for a mere $700.

First, the electronic viewfinder presents a flawed image of the
subject. Second, the function buttons on the lens barrel are too easily
activated by accident. Third, the image write cycle time is
unacceptably long. Fourth, the damn silly lens cap arrangement causes
the cap to be constantly in the way. And finally fifth, the camera has
now stopped functioning. Just GREAT!

Advise from Nikon has been useless. Only choice is to send camera off
for repair or replacement. Wonderful, I'll get back the same lousy
camera. Oh well live and learn. By the way how do you spell Canon?

Well, numbers 2, 3 and 4 are things you should have researched before
buying, aren't they?

Send it to be replaced.

Sell the replacement.

Oh, and consider posting to the right group. This is the MARKETPLACE group.

Old July 6th 05, 05:42 PM
Ted

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

wey hey.........a smack on the hand from Tom..........got that new lens yet
TOM you know the one where you can focus correctly.

Old July 6th 05, 06:11 PM

So you got a lemon and your too cheap to send it back to Nikon for free
waranty service. You'd rather keep an $800 brick and whine about it. I
hate to say it but I will -

YOUR AN IDIOT.

oups.com...

Old July 8th 05, 06:53 AM
SamB

wrote in message
So you got a lemon and your too cheap to send it back to Nikon for free
waranty service. You'd rather keep an $800 brick and whine about it. I
hate to say it but I will -

YOUR AN IDIOT.

FWIW it is "You're and idiot."

oups.com...

Old July 8th 05, 08:17 PM
DonC

"SamB" wrote in message

wrote in message
So you got a lemon and your too cheap to send it back to Nikon for free
waranty service. You'd rather keep an $800 brick and whine about it. I
hate to say it but I will -

YOUR AN IDIOT.

FWIW it is "You're and idiot."

Huh? "You're and idiot" makes no sense at all. You probably mean "You're
AN idiot".

Old July 10th 05, 08:03 PM
SamB

Yep, corrected an error in grammar and made a typo. Duh! My bad and
you're (you are) correct.