A Nikon as good as the Coolpix 990 but less money?

Old December 7th 03, 01:32 AM
Popcorn Lover

Default A Nikon as good as the Coolpix 990 but less money?

Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix 990, 995
and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet but
Old December 7th 03, 01:52 AM
Paolo Pizzi

Popcorn Lover wrote:

Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix
990, 995 and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

You can find the 5700 for about $600 online.

Old December 7th 03, 02:59 AM
Andrew McDonald

Popcorn Lover wrote:

Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix 990, 995
and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

How about a used 990, 995 or 4500? You don't specify what "as good as"
means. Are you talking about resolution? Are you talking about zoom
range? Are you talking about size?

You could just go look at the current Nikon line. They have a website
and they are very pround of their digital camers. Check them out at
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2

Old December 7th 03, 03:10 AM
Don Coon

"Popcorn Lover" wrote in message
3...
Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix 990,

995
and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

Picked up a "like-new" 995 on Ebay a few months ago for $200.

Old December 7th 03, 03:06 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix 990, 995
and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

How about used 990? Per other threads, they're going for around $200 on eBay.
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 7th 03, 11:34 PM
Popcorn Lover

Andrew McDonald doth postedeth:

Popcorn Lover wrote:

Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix
990, 995 and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

How about a used 990, 995 or 4500? You don't specify what "as good as"
means. Are you talking about resolution? Are you talking about zoom
range? Are you talking about size?

Everything.

You could just go look at the current Nikon line. They have a website
and they are very pround of their digital camers. Check them out at
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2

I can't afford the more expensive ones. That's why I asked if there was
anything as good but less expensive.

Old December 7th 03, 11:46 PM
Andrew McDonald

Popcorn Lover wrote:
You could just go look at the current Nikon line. They have a website
and they are very pround of their digital camers. Check them out at
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2

I can't afford the more expensive ones. That's why I asked if there was
anything as good but less expensive.

So I sent you to their webpage. Hopefully you found it useful.

Old December 7th 03, 11:53 PM
Popcorn Lover

"(Pete Cresswell)" doth postedeth:

RE/
Is there something in the current Nikon line as good as the Coolpix 990,
995 and 4500 were, but for less money than they sold for?

How about used 990? Per other threads, they're going for around $200
on eBay.

I've been seeing them going for up to $350, pretty expensive.

Old December 8th 03, 12:28 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
I've been seeing them going for up to $350, pretty expensive.

That's encouraging to me. I'm not using mine since I got a little Dimage X.
But I took the $200 figure on faith and figured for that money I might as well
give it to somebody close to me.

For $350, maybe I'll put it up...
--
PeteCresswell