IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

Old September 15th 15, 07:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 00:45:42 +0000 (UTC), Diesel wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple"

Tue, 15 Sep 2015
00:17:17 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

Quelle surprise. Usual word wall of disjointed verbal diarrhea,
edited out of context responses mixed with a rather large dose of
complete drivel.

Ahhh... Damage control by deflection, again. Old news, though. You
tried this same routine when you ****ed up with my exevalid question.

You did a fine job of stepping on your own dick with the WPA2 patch
comment, too.

idiot with such consistency. It's just a talent I have I guess. I
dunno why I bothered reading it though.

You're writing ********.

Anyway, as expected, your comments about malware using the
encryption improvements in later versions of Windows was complete
********. The malware was installed therefore as far as Windows is
concerned it's legit.

You're a joke.

OS's are like that. They do their master's bidding.

That they do. Be it the owner of the machine, or a coder someplace.
Somebody will be the master. The only question is who.

They didn't install themselves then did they Dusty. I'll take your
lack of response as an affirmative. Someone with administrative
privileges did. So Microsoft were not at fault. Silly boy. Why
suggest they were. Ergo your comments were totally stupid. As per
usual.

Again, damage control by deflection.

I suppose you don't want me to provide more urls then. ROFL. Poseur,
as I've always said you were. You talk much ****.

Toodly poos.

Indeed.

Dustin, did the malware you mentioned install itself? I've asked you three
times.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll,
troll infâme, the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers]
lowlife troll, shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple,
sociopath, kook, smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile,
snittish scumbag, liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur,
scouringerer, the most complete ignoid, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
Old September 15th 15, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:37:08 +0100, David Taylor wrote:

On 14/09/2015 23:51, Diesel wrote:
[]
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing PCs to the
limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much or more in a given 24
hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily call it streaming though. It was
just transferring data over some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

The data is sent once as a broadcast stream - no retries or anything
like that. Miss that data, and you've missed part of an image or some
meteorological data you wanted. The PCs have to be very carefully set
up with RAMdisks etc. to achieve loss-free reception. It is effectively
streaming, and it does push PCs to the limit.

There are more details he
http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home...082113.html#sp

I don't develop the reception software (although I take part in beta
tests and automated analysis of the performance). The processing
software I write is in Delphi - a Pascal-like language which produces
efficient object code, and has a first-class development environment -
something I as a single developer really need to make the best use of my
time.

Dustin Cook [virus writer] a.k.a Diesel is an expert in ASIC dontcha know.
You'll never be as good as him so don't even try. There's nuttin he doesn't
know about air interfaces. Word up. Take care, he's always heavily armed
and he'll hack ya as soon as look at yer with repurposed network hubs he's
reclaimed from landfill.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.You'll never

Old September 15th 15, 10:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Andreas Skitsnack:
I don't use my iPad when I'm home.

In retrospect, that's a misstatement. I don't use my iPad when I'm
home, but my iPad is used when I'm home. My wife uses it quite a
bit.

Then, how was it a misstatement? Is this Andreas trying to argue with himself?

Between newsgroups, working with images, and a newsletter I edit, I
monopolize the computer. When my wife wants to check her email or
Facebook, or Google something, she'll use it.

--
Sandman
Old September 15th 15, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Diesel

06:56:31 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

[...]

You're deflecting, again. There was no mention previously of 'self
installing' malware. That was NOT a previous requirement. I'm not
even sure what self installing is supposed to mean in this context.

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.
Old September 15th 15, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Diesel

David Taylor
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 06:37:08 GMT in
alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On 14/09/2015 23:51, Diesel wrote:
[]
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing PCs to
the limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much or more in a
given 24 hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily call it streaming
though. It was just transferring data over some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

The data is sent once as a broadcast stream - no retries or
anything like that. Miss that data, and you've missed part of an
image or some meteorological data you wanted. The PCs have to be
very carefully set up with RAMdisks etc. to achieve loss-free
reception. It is effectively streaming, and it does push PCs to
the limit.

Aha.. I understand. I still don't know if it's pushing the PC
itself to a limit or exposing another bottleneck or two in the chain.

I don't develop the reception software (although I take part in
beta tests and automated analysis of the performance). The
processing software I write is in Delphi - a Pascal-like language
which produces efficient object code, and has a first-class
development environment - something I as a single developer really
need to make the best use of my time.

I'm very familiar with Delphi, thanks. I agree, it's a great language
too. Wasn't too difficult to pick it up either, I've got a pascal
background too. BBS scene. [g]

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.
Old September 15th 15, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Diesel

07:21:31 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:37:08 +0100, David Taylor wrote:

On 14/09/2015 23:51, Diesel wrote:
[]
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing PCs to
the limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much or more in a
given 24 hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily call it streaming
though. It was just transferring data over some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

The data is sent once as a broadcast stream - no retries or
anything like that. Miss that data, and you've missed part of an
image or some meteorological data you wanted. The PCs have to be
very carefully set up with RAMdisks etc. to achieve loss-free
reception. It is effectively streaming, and it does push PCs to
the limit.

There are more details he
http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home...ins/EUMETCast/
DAT_2082113.html#sp

I don't develop the reception software (although I take part in
beta tests and automated analysis of the performance). The
processing software I write is in Delphi - a Pascal-like language
which produces efficient object code, and has a first-class
development environment - something I as a single developer
really need to make the best use of my time.

Dustin Cook [virus writer] a.k.a Diesel is an expert in ASIC
dontcha know. You'll never be as good as him so don't even try.

That has nothing to do with the discussion. I'm not sure if the
individual even knows what ASIC is. You didn't. [g]

And, it's ex virus writer, thanks. If you want to 'insult' me, just
let people know I was a paid Expert Malware Researcher for two years
with Malwarebytes. That'll **** more off than my virus writing from
the 90s/early 00s did.

There's nuttin he doesn't know about air interfaces. Word up. Take
care, he's always heavily armed and he'll hack ya as soon as look
at yer with repurposed network hubs he's reclaimed from landfill.

Jealous much?

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.
Old September 15th 15, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)[_2_]

Just answer the ****ing question.

Old September 15th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:50:37 +0000 (UTC), Diesel wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple"

t Tue, 15 Sep 2015
[...]

Oh! God yes, your networking skills are legendary. I soooo want one of
your repurposed hubs. Do you have a range of colours or do they just
come in rust and covered in ****?

Old September 15th 15, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/11/2015 12:02 PM, nospam wrote:

snip

microsoft does notify users a lot but the download can be deferred.

however, deferring it is stupid because win10 is only free for a year.

Paying for it later could be worthwhile. My choice is to wait. All too
often free, is not free.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/11/2015 12:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , David Taylor
wrote:

Running an unsupported and unpatched OS on an Internet connected PC is
your choice, but not something I would recommend to the general user.

it may be his choice but only if his system is physically disconnected
form the internet and isolated from other machines he may have.

otherwise, he's putting *everyone* at risk, because his system could be
compromised and become part of a botnet or relay spam or whatever else.
at a minimum it just helps malware to spread to others.

I solved the problem. There must be two nospams. One says one thing and
the other often says something else.
It must be the other nospam who, in an earlier post said in effect that
only a stupid user can allow malware to disrupt his machine. Yeah!
that's it. At least two nospams. (shudder.)

--
PeterN