Sensor dust and ?

Old March 30th 05, 05:40 AM
Slack

Default Sensor dust and ?

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

On a brighter note, my camera is picking up colors perfectly
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417398
--
Slack
Old March 30th 05, 05:52 AM
Jay Beckman

"Slack" wrote in message
news:1112157386.84b65cce142105993599a5dd82bfa81e@t eranews...
What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Lens flare...try either a lens shade, or hold your hand out over the lens to
flag off the sun.

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

Probably dust on the sensor.

On a brighter note, my camera is picking up colors perfectly
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417398

Most vibrant image of highliters I've ever seen.

Old March 30th 05, 05:54 AM
Jeremy Nixon

Slack wrote:

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Flare. Use a lens hood.

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

It could use a cleaning, yes.

--
Jeremy |
Old March 30th 05, 06:00 AM
Rob

Slack wrote:

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

I think that I would phone home about that - lens flair

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

yep

Old March 30th 05, 03:09 PM
Alan Browne

Slack wrote:

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Looks like simple lens flare to me. You had light from teh sun falling
on the lens (without necc. being in the image). Use your hand, grey
card or umbrella as a lens shade when taking such images. Alternately,
just make the flare (and sun) part of the image:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/37709986

And I'm assuming my sensor is pretty filthy ?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417396

Don't sweat it unless you take a lot of bright, even scenes with small
apertures.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old March 30th 05, 03:10 PM
Alan Browne

Jeremy Nixon wrote:

Slack wrote:

What can cause this hexagon shaped thing?
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417395 Here's a better view
http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/41417394

Flare. Use a lens hood.

Often need more than many hoods provide, esp. at wide angle. Use hand,
grey card, umbrella... etc. to block.

Old March 30th 05, 03:21 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:09:26 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Looks like simple lens flare to me. You had light from teh sun falling
on the lens (without necc. being in the image). Use your hand, grey
card or umbrella as a lens shade when taking such images. Alternately,
just make the flare (and sun) part of the image:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/37709986

Have you tried a similar shot with the 7D yet?

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga