First exprience with dust on sensor

Old February 11th 05, 04:42 PM
Sheldon

Default First exprience with dust on sensor

I just had my first experience with dust on the sensor. Now I know where
all those UFO photos come from.

Anyway, I got one of those kits to actually clean the sensor (Pecpads,
fluid, etc) but this time I just used a large bulb blower and it cleaned
everything up just fine. Took less than five minutes. I was changing
lenses a lot, and there was also dust on the focusing screen and the mirror
(D70).

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anybody thought a little dust is
the end of the world on a DSLR, or the idea of dust is keeping you from
getting a DSLR. When I have to do a "thorough" cleaning I'll report back on
how that went, too. Meanwhile, my fear of dust is over.

The blower I used is a bit larger than a lemon. Those tiny ones with the
brushes on the end aren't worth a damn. And nobody recommends canned air
for the sensor.

Sheldon

Old February 12th 05, 02:39 AM
Charles Schuler

I use an ear syringe. Works fine. It's never been used on ears, by the
way!

Old February 12th 05, 03:11 AM
Sheldon

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
I use an ear syringe. Works fine. It's never been used on ears, by the
way!

But in an emergency... BG

Old February 12th 05, 05:36 AM
Merritt Mullen

"Sheldon" wrote:

[...]

My experience exactly (with a D70). I noticed what I thought was a large
blurry black bird in the sky in a photo, but then noticed it was in the
same spot in ALL my photos (plus a few smaller spots elsewhere). I used
one of those lemon-sized rubber bulbs (the kind that come with ear
cleaning kits)--a few puffs and all the spots went away. As you say, no
more fear of dust.

Merritt
Old February 12th 05, 05:37 AM
Merritt Mullen

"Charles Schuler" wrote:

I use an ear syringe. Works fine. It's never been used on ears, by the
way!

Mine has (been used on my ears), but it still worked fine on my D70.

Merritt