Help finding the right bulbs

Old January 10th 05, 11:54 AM
Jeff

Default Help finding the right bulbs

I bought a couple of GE 250 watt Photoflood bulbs for my light box and I love
the natural color of them. They have none of that yellow/orange cast that
regular bulbs have. However, they are too bright and they only have a max life
of around 3 hours. Can someone recommend a blub that casts the same type of
color from 100 to 200 watts?

Thanks,

Jeff

Old January 10th 05, 02:20 PM
news

Hi Jeff:

Try out some of the compact florescent replacement lamps. They don't
flicker. The colors is close to daylight and they last a long time. Also the
don't produce anywhere near as much heat as normal lamps. I got the idea
from an add I saw for a lighting setup in a camera catalog. They made a soft
box with 9 of compact florescent lamps to get near a 1000watts of light.
I've been using 2 of the 100 watt equivalent types in flood lamps fixtures
to light mineral specimens I like to photograph. One disadvantage is they
can't be used with any kind of light dimmer.

--
John Passaneau, W3JXP
State College, PA

Old January 10th 05, 11:14 PM
Savidge4

I bought a couple of GE 250 watt Photoflood bulbs for my light box and I love

the natural color of them. They have none of that yellow/orange cast that
regular bulbs have. However, they are too bright and they only have a max
life
of around 3 hours. Can someone recommend a blub that casts the same type of
color from 100 to 200 watts?

GE makes that bulb in many different wattages. here is a link (as an example)
that breaks out all the wattages and if there is photo bulbs available.

http://www.servicelighting.com/catal...cat_num=010501

I am in no way endorsing this company.. simply using thier page as an example
of bulbs available.

Old January 11th 05, 01:38 AM
Crownfield

RSD99 wrote:

Those appear to be bulbs for **projectors** ... as in "Slide Projector" or
"Movie Projector."

only two clicks from there to daylight bulbs.

Old January 11th 05, 02:08 AM
Bob Williams

news wrote:
Hi Jeff:

Try out some of the compact florescent replacement lamps. They don't
flicker. The colors is close to daylight and they last a long time. Also the
don't produce anywhere near as much heat as normal lamps. I got the idea
from an add I saw for a lighting setup in a camera catalog. They made a soft
box with 9 of compact florescent lamps to get near a 1000watts of light.
I've been using 2 of the 100 watt equivalent types in flood lamps fixtures
to light mineral specimens I like to photograph. One disadvantage is they
can't be used with any kind of light dimmer.

Here is the answer to your prayers.
I use Two 26 Watt Compact Fluorescents and they are excellent.
They have a CRI (Color Rendition Index) of 92 and a color temperature of
5500K
Bob Williams