Mono Vs Tripod - advise, please.

Old June 22nd 04, 06:06 PM
John Fryatt

Default Mono Vs Tripod - advise, please.

I'm considering getting either a monopod or a tripod to steady my Fuji
S3000. A small monopod would be easier to cart around, but I wonder how
useful they really are? Specifically, I'd like to be able to take
steadier shots in low light conditions where I can't use the flash. My
picture taking is just for family and friends - no professional
aspirations (yet). I'd appreciate your opinions.

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp. There is some mystery feature built into the Sigma
camera bodies that prevent camera shake. Of course, Sigma does not
need to brag like Canon or Minolta by throwing a "IS" or "AS" in front
of the camera.

Hope this helps,

Orville

???
Are you saying that Sigma have a killer feature in their cameras and are NOT
using it for marketing?
Yeah, that makes sense!

John

Old June 22nd 04, 07:27 PM
Sander Vesik

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm John Fryatt wrote:
[...]

You have seen the rest of his posts, right? It makes about the same amount
of sense as his other posts

John

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old June 22nd 04, 07:44 PM
Frank ess

Sander Vesik wrote:
[...]

Easy technique for reducing useless traffic in your view of this group:

eliminate "Orville" and his parent organisms, and those who respond to
or comment on him.

Old June 24th 04, 08:10 PM
EDGY01

Default Mono Vs Tripod - advise, please.--2 legs short

About two legs short. That's a monopod vs. a tripod.

If you're going to the trouble to drag a monopod outside why not take something
useful?

The monopods are only really practical when you're lugginga 300 or 400mm f/2.8
along the sides of a football field.

Dan