DSLR Bag

Old March 3rd 13, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jake

Default DSLR Bag

Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

Old March 3rd 13, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob

On 4/03/2013 8:54 AM, Jake wrote:
Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

A glove very convenient.

Neoprene DSLR Camera Cover Case Bag

This is the best illustration but there are Nikon branded ones.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Neoprene-DSLR...em5aee b60df9
Old March 3rd 13, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:54:30 -0000, "Jake" wrote:
: Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
: attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

IIRC, Domke makes an insert for their largest bag that lets you do what you
want. But it takes up most of the space in a bag that otherwise comfortably
holds two cameras with lenses, two flash units, and various batteries,
filters, etc. I have that bag (but not the insert) and have managed to
shoehorn a 7D with a 70-200 into one of the camera spaces. It keeps the flap
from closing completely on that side, but it's possible to let out the
cinching strap enough to make it clip into place and keep the flap from
opening.

But mainly when I'm going to be using the 70-200 (usually at an indoor event,
because it's too damned big to carry around in most other circumstances), I
bite the bullet and bring the ridiculously huge backpack I bought once when I
wasn't thinking clearly.

I realize that probably doesn't help much, but there it is.

Bob
Old March 4th 13, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" said:

Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

I have a collection of bags and backpacks.
I have A Lowe Pro Nova 5 AW Which will do all you want and accommodate
other stuff. However it is no longer available.
Check their Magnum 400 AW, which their specification states, will
handle a DSLT with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached plus other stuff.
http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,2138,22.htm

Then there are the excellent ThinkTank products including their "Urban
Disguise" shoulder bags;
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...ise-35-v2.aspx

The have plenty of other stuff.

Savageduck

Old March 4th 13, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank S

"Jake" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

I had a sort-of-similar quest before I quit trying to carry enough stuff
to cover every possibility. The best solution I found was in the
medium-format column. Seems to me at that level the bags offer not only
more room, but thicker padding for better protection. Bulky, but you get
to choose your priorities.

--
Frank ess

Old March 4th 13, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob

On 4/03/2013 1:09 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:47:27 -0800, Savageduck

On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" said:

Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

I have a collection of bags and backpacks.

You think there's anyone that has even a semi-serious interest in
photography with a dslr (35mm fill) camera that has only *one* bag,
and that bag's the first one they ever had?

We are like women and shoes.

Now settled on one for my DSLR, which I travel with, this fits my
camera body and a couple of lenses. plus some personal items.
(paperwork, headphones, glasses, mini pod, GPS) fits under the seat of
aircraft. Its not perfect but the alternatives are no better. (Lowepro)

I also use a bum bag on walks or beach, smaller less weight plus it does
not restrict mobility.

The bigger the bag the more equipment you tend to load up. Big bags are
heavier in themselves to carry.

There is never a perfect bag for all possibilities.

Old March 6th 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" said:

Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

I have a collection of bags and backpacks.

You think there's anyone that has even a semi-serious interest in
photography with a dslr (35mm fill) camera that has only *one* bag,
and that bag's the first one they ever had?

We are like women and shoes.

Not long ago I wanted a new bag, but my wife said I had too many. On a
trip with her I took on old ratty looking one. She quickly informed me
that she would not be seen with me if I didn't get new bag, and she
went wiith me to help pick it out. :-)

--
PeterN
Old March 6th 13, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron

"Jake" wrote in message

Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

++++++
Look at online sites like B&H and you should find what you are looking for.
I have a bag that holds my Canon 40D with a Canon 100-400 L lens attached.
Ron
++++++

Old March 6th 13, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

On Mar 3, 4:54*pm, "Jake" wrote:
Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

Something from Kinesis will handle it:

http://www.kgear.com/store/

Probably their C line is what you're looking for:

http://www.kgear.com/store/index.php/c.html

And more likely the C580, C600, or C750:

http://www.kgear.com/store/c/c580.html

http://www.kgear.com/store/new-1/c60...ster-case.html

http://www.kgear.com/store/new-1/c750.html

FWIW, I have one of these .. probably the C580?...which can hold a
Canon dSLR + 1.4x + 70-200 f/2.8 (tight). In general, I find that I
don't really use it all too much, but it did provide good service in a
Safari vehicle to use as a combo hold-it-bag as well as a Keep-Dust-
Away (mosty)...it is a bit long to use slung as a walk-around.

-hh
Old March 10th 13, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jake

"Jake" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

Thanks everyone, that gives me a lot of options!