$75000 lens

Old September 24th 12, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default $75000 lens

Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?
--

Alfred Molon
Old September 24th 12, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Kotroczo

On 24/09/2012 18:55, Alfred Molon wrote:
Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?

Nikkor 1200-1700mm maybe?

--
audentes fortuna iuvat
Old September 24th 12, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...l-L-Lenses.jsp

--
sid
RLU 300284
Old September 24th 12, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:
Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?

There was a Carl Zeiss Oberkochen f/5.6 / 1000mm Mirotar lens breifly
avialable by special order for the Hasselblad; perhaps that fell in
this price range. This lens was going for $45,000 on e-bay:

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/0...mm-mirror.html

Perhaps it fetched $75,000 new. If I am doing the math correctly, a
full frame camera screwed onto the end of this lens, from three quarters
of a mile away, could photograph a 6ft tall person such that their height
took up one third of the (landscape) image. The latter was my crude guess
as to what sort of margin you would need if you were trying to keep a
celebrity in-frame and wait for her to strike a usable pose.

Old September 24th 12, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron

"sid" wrote in message .. .

Alfred Molon wrote:

Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...l-L-Lenses.jsp

++++++
No, that’s a $120,000 lens.
Ron
++++++

--
sid
RLU 300284

Old September 24th 12, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-24 12:05:26 -0700, sid said:

Alfred Molon wrote:

Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...l-L-Lenses.jsp

Somehow i don't think that particular "papa-ratsy" is going to backpack
that puppy through the woods.

Savageduck

Old September 24th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:54:42 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-09-24 12:05:26 -0700, sid said:

Alfred Molon wrote:

Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is that?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...l-L-Lenses.jsp

Somehow i don't think that particular "papa-ratsy" is going to backpack
that puppy through the woods.

If you're famous or notorious this might be a good
time to start trembling.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...e-game-cameras

Jumbo lenses are just not necessary.

http://www.webtechgeek.com/wp/images/mini-drones.jpg

And if a large $120000 lens takes a photo of
something miles away, it has to take in all the
thermal gradients, dust, mist etc.
Old September 24th 12, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Peter Jason wrote:

If you're famous or notorious this might be a good
time to start trembling.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...e-game-cameras

Jumbo lenses are just not necessary.

I expect to see news items about people in the US treating these
quadrotors like skeet. If they are privately owned, and hovering
over someone else's property, the owners will have no legal recourse.
The shooting down of government-owned drones would be more
interesting from a legal point of view. People have gotten in trouble
for removing tracking devices from their cars and throwing them in
the trash.

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Old September 24th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Paul Ciszek says...
People have gotten in trouble
for removing tracking devices from their cars and throwing them in
the trash.

Unbelievable =:-O
--

Alfred Molon