Evil Apple in trouble again

Old April 18th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Evil Apple in trouble again

In article , Wolfgang
Weisselberg wrote:

That's a different market. We are currently talking about e-books.

it's not a different market. it's a different form of the same book and
the popularity of ebooks is causing traditional bookstores to close.
remember border's?

So automobiles are the same market as horse driven carts --- a
different form of the same transportation --- and the popularity
of automobiles is causing classic buggy whip shops to close.

in fact, it did. nobody uses horse driven carts for transportation
anymore.

these days, about the only place you see horse driven carts is for
nostalgia or a romantic ride, usually in touristy areas.
Old April 18th 12, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , tony cooper
wrote:

That's a different market. We are currently talking about e-books.

it's not a different market. it's a different form of the same book and
the popularity of ebooks is causing traditional bookstores to close.
remember border's?

So automobiles are the same market as horse driven carts --- a
different form of the same transportation --- and the popularity
of automobiles is causing classic buggy whip shops to close.

in fact, it did. nobody uses horse driven carts for transportation
anymore.

Evidently, you don't live in Pennsylvania, northern Indiana, Michigan,
or one of the other areas where Mennonites and Amish still use
horse-drawn buggies on a daily basis.

evidently, you have nothing better to do than argue.

"Nobody" is never a good word to use...just like "never".

it's perfectly fine and obvious what was meant.

since you have difficulties with simple concepts, here it is spelled
out: the number of amish who use horse & buggies compared to how many
use cars is so close to zero that it can be considered zero. and it's
*really* close to zero.

now read the next line:

these days, about the only place you see horse driven carts is for
nostalgia or a romantic ride, usually in touristy areas.

i left out amish as another exception. oh no!

my point still stands.
Old April 18th 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

tony cooper writes:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:58:34 -0700, nospam
wrote:

In article , Wolfgang
Weisselberg wrote:

That's a different market. We are currently talking about e-books.

it's not a different market. it's a different form of the same book and
the popularity of ebooks is causing traditional bookstores to close.
remember border's?

So automobiles are the same market as horse driven carts --- a
different form of the same transportation --- and the popularity
of automobiles is causing classic buggy whip shops to close.

in fact, it did. nobody uses horse driven carts for transportation
anymore.

Evidently, you don't live in Pennsylvania, northern Indiana, Michigan,
or one of the other areas where Mennonites and Amish still use
horse-drawn buggies on a daily basis.

"Nobody" is never a good word to use...just like "never".

Yeah, nobody should *ever* use those words...oh. Never mind.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old April 18th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-18 17:41 , nospam wrote:
In , tony cooper
wrote:

That's a different market. We are currently talking about e-books.

it's not a different market. it's a different form of the same book and
the popularity of ebooks is causing traditional bookstores to close.
remember border's?

So automobiles are the same market as horse driven carts --- a
different form of the same transportation --- and the popularity
of automobiles is causing classic buggy whip shops to close.

in fact, it did. nobody uses horse driven carts for transportation
anymore.

Evidently, you don't live in Pennsylvania, northern Indiana, Michigan,
or one of the other areas where Mennonites and Amish still use
horse-drawn buggies on a daily basis.

evidently, you have nothing better to do than argue.

Evidently you can't admit you're wrong. Not only do the Amish use
horses for transportation, but it is still common in many countries to
use horses to pull all manner of cart.

Really, just admit that you missed that little point and move on.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 18th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

[...]

i did admit the omission, and that it's also completely insignificant.

the automobile industry killed the horse & buggy industry.

ebooks will do the same with paper books.
Old April 18th 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-18 18:14 , nospam wrote:

ebooks will do the same with paper books.

I doubt it - though it will seriously impact it.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 19th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , tony cooper
wrote:

There are more horse and buggy operators in Amish and Mennonite
country than there are horse and buggy operators of romantic rides.

so what? the fact that i didn't mention amish doesn't change a damned
thing.
Old April 19th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

"J. Clarke" writes:

In article , says...

tony cooper writes:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:58:34 -0700, nospam
wrote:

In article , Wolfgang
Weisselberg wrote:

That's a different market. We are currently talking about e-books.

it's not a different market. it's a different form of the same book and
the popularity of ebooks is causing traditional bookstores to close.
remember border's?

So automobiles are the same market as horse driven carts --- a
different form of the same transportation --- and the popularity
of automobiles is causing classic buggy whip shops to close.

in fact, it did. nobody uses horse driven carts for transportation
anymore.

Evidently, you don't live in Pennsylvania, northern Indiana, Michigan,
or one of the other areas where Mennonites and Amish still use
horse-drawn buggies on a daily basis.

"Nobody" is never a good word to use...just like "never".

Yeah, nobody should *ever* use those words...oh. Never mind.

And meanwhile the buggy whip market is thriving. They make great cat
toys, and have other, more, um, personal uses.

And while fewer people use buggies, there are plenty of people riding
horses recreationally these days. There's still a thriving "saddle"
shop (which has other horse tack and such) on Lake Street in
Minneapolis, quite far from the nearest horses. My sister (my horse
consultant) says they're very good, too.

Still something of a crash in the market. But I note that even Fleet
Farm has horse gear in their stock.
Old April 19th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
R. Mark Clayton

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
"J. Clarke" writes:

SNIP

And while fewer people use buggies, there are plenty of people riding
horses recreationally these days. There's still a thriving "saddle"
shop (which has other horse tack and such) on Lake Street in
Minneapolis, quite far from the nearest horses. My sister (my horse
consultant) says they're very good, too.

Aye and when I were nipper there was a marine chandlers in Manchester (50km
from the sea, but hey they built a ship canal), later it was in [in]famous
Hacienda night club and now there are flats...

I bought a short piece of [heavily galvanised and strong] yacht anchor chain
to secure my motorbike.