Which of your lenses do you use most often? Least?

Old April 13th 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Which of your lenses do you use most often? Least?

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Me:
28-70 f/2.8 General, some portraits
135 f/1.8 General, portraits
100 f/2.8 (macro) Macro, portraits

What one lens do you use least often?

20 f/2.8

PS: this is sure to draw out you know who,
so you know what to not do ;-)

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old April 14th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

Alan Browne wrote:
What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

35/1.8 Main walkaround lens these days
105/2.5 Damn-it-makes-things-look-so-good

The "third" lens is a zoom, depending on if I want something wider or
longer..

What one lens do you use least often?

A 500mm f/5.6 mirror lens. A big heavy beast, albeit less heavy than
refractive optics would have been. With all markings in Cyrillic.

I had 24/2.8 that I sold shortly after buying the 35/1.8

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old April 14th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Joe Makowiec

On 13 Apr 2010 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Alan Browne wrote:

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

In film days, it was a Canon FD 100 f/2.8. I got really adjusted to the
angle of view of that lens. At present, it's an AF-S Nikkor 18-135
f/3.5-5.6 on a D70. It covers about 95% of what I want to photograph,
and it's never off the camera.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old April 14th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J. Littleboy

"Alan Browne" wrote:
What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Me:
28-70 f/2.8 General, some portraits
135 f/1.8 General, portraits
100 f/2.8 (macro) Macro, portraits

What one lens do you use least often?

20 f/2.8

For a while, I was using the 24 TSE II as my main lens.

Then I got the Zeiss 21/2.8 and Voigtlander 40/2.0. Which are now the main
lenses. The 21/2.8 gets used more than the 40/2.0. (The 40/2.0 is a tad
tight for my "normal", but it's a lovely lens.).

I alternate between the Sigma 70/2.8 macro (ligher and more compact) and the
70-200/4.0 IS (when I might need more reach) as my telephoto.

Everything else is special purpose or not used at all.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old April 14th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
rwalker

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:39:58 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Me:
28-70 f/2.8 General, some portraits
135 f/1.8 General, portraits
100 f/2.8 (macro) Macro, portraits

What one lens do you use least often?

20 f/2.8

PS: this is sure to draw out you know who,
so you know what to not do ;-)

50 mm f/1.8 Canon General, portraits, IR
18-200 f/3.5-6.3 Tamron General, landscapes
75-300 f/4-5.6 Canon Astronomical: moon, comets,
constellations. Critters, birds.

Some day when I get rich I'll replace the Tamron with the Canon
equivalent, but for what it costs me, it works well.
Old April 14th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
rwalker

wrote:

What one lens do you use least often?

10-20 mm wide angle. I use a digital Rebel/350.
Old April 14th 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_37_]

* Alan Browne wrote :
What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Me:
28-70 f/2.8 General, some portraits
135 f/1.8 General, portraits
100 f/2.8 (macro) Macro, portraits

What one lens do you use least often?

20 f/2.8

Up til now:
17-55
10-22
100 macro

I anticipate with recent additions:
35L
10-22
150 macro

Least used:
MPE65 too specialied to ever get high on my list, but still
a lovely lens.

--
Troy Piggins
Old April 14th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

"Alan Browne" wrote:

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED

What one lens do you use least often?

Macro Nikkor-AM 120mm f/5.6(ED)

I also own one optic which I've never used, which is a
Soligor 1.7x teleconverter for the Pentax 110 system.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old April 14th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell[_2_]

On 2010-04-13 15:39:58 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Me:
28-70 f/2.8 General, some portraits
135 f/1.8 General, portraits
100 f/2.8 (macro) Macro, portraits

What one lens do you use least often?

20 f/2.8

PS: this is sure to draw out you know who,
so you know what to not do ;-)

Most often:

24 mm f/2.8 perspective control
70-200 mm f/2.8
400 mm f/2.8

Least often:

60 mm f/2.8 micro

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old April 14th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Haar[_2_]

On 4/13/10 6:39 PM, "Alan Browne" wrote:

What three lenses are on your cameras most often?

Nikkor 50 mm f1.4
Nikkor 24-85 mm f2.8-4
Nikkor 80-200 mm f4.5-5.6

What one lens do you use least often?