Full-sized sample from new Nikon D3200 (not mine)

Old April 21st 12, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default Full-sized sample from new Nikon D3200 (not mine)

Bruce wrote in
:

RichA wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonfr...46648/sizes/o/

Not yours?

You mean you haven't already bought one and sent it back for a refund?

No, sometimes when I've posted links to jpegs, some people have mistaken
them for mine, so I'm pointing out that it isn't.
Old April 22nd 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Bruce wrote in
:

RichA wrote:

On Apr 21, 12:45*pm, Bruce wrote:
Rich wrote:
Bruce wrote in
:

RichA wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonfr...46648/sizes/o/

Not yours?

You mean you haven't already bought one and sent it back for a
refund?

No, sometimes when I've posted links to jpegs, some people have
mistaken them for mine, so I'm pointing out that it isn't.

And I'm pointing out that because you seem to have a habit of buying
cameras then returning them for a refund ...

... Nikon D7000 ... Panasonic GH2, ...

You don't know what you are talking about.

I can only base my impressions on what you post.

I've returned 2 cameras
in 10 years for a refund. The GH2 and a Fuji S5. The GH2 is being
replaced (by the same store) with the Olympus E5-M. The S5 was
replaced on the spot with a Nikon D300. The D7000 was not returned,
it was sold to a guy on Canada's east coast who needed it fast for
government work.

Then you cannot deny that you chop and change cameras very often.
Perhaps you don't return all of them for a refund, but they do seem to
pass through your hands quickly for someone who isn't specifically
into buying and selling equipment.

Do you think you will ever settle on one outfit, or even one system?
How long do you think you will keep the E-M5?

I don't think it is possible to be tied ultimately to just one system.
I've known people who were, but they are the kind who think audio
equipment has to all be from the same manufacturer. If you get my drift.
There is nothing one does that is better than every aspect of another
system.
I will likely never be system-tied. Though if I was, it would probably
be to Nikon, they seem to do the most things right. I might buy the
D3200 just for the sensor. I think it coupled to the Zeiss 35mm f2.0
would be very good. I buy whatever looks interesting at the time. Though
I have had the G1 since its inception. At the moment, the E5-M looks
like the best m4/3 camera to have. I guess if I cared much about video
I'd have kept the GH2.
Old April 23rd 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Dyer-Bennet

Bruce writes:

But there are many benefits to being system-tied, not least
familiarity with the user interface. Obviously, you have to choose
the right system, and for most people that's Nikon or Canon in DSLR
systems and Olympus/Panasonic in m4/3.

Unfortunately, in the Nikon line for example there's quite a break
between the D300/D700/D800 and the pure consumer models below. Like,
only one thumb wheel rather than two, which changes everything I do most
often in the UI.

I suppose it might still be usefully more similar than a Canon, though
(lens compatibility is my actual reason for staying mostly to one
system, with lenses from multiple manufacturers).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old April 25th 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Bruce wrote in
:

RichA wrote:

On Apr 23, 6:05*pm, Bruce wrote:
Bruce wrote:
RichA wrote:

On Apr 23, 9:08*am, Bruce wrote:
RichA wrote:
Also, the resolution on the 5D is a bit too
low now, and its noise control is no longer competitive. *Also,
about the 5D, the E-5M DR is 2 stops better, at least.

The Canon EOS 5D offers *half a stop more* DR than the Panasonic
G3 which has the same Live MOS sensor as the E-M5.

DxO Mark hasn't yet tested the E-M5. *It will be interesting to
see the results. *E-M5 Images released so far suggest a dynamic
range that is very close to that of the G3.

According to Drpeview, the 5D has about 8.5-9.5 stops of DR.
*Probably ok for its time, not so good now.

According to DxO Mark, it's 11.1 stops. *The Panasonic G3 has 10.6.

If that's reality, it's not a huge difference.

Bear in mind that the EOS 5D was introduced in 2005 and the G3 in
2011. In terms of dynamic range, it is disappointing that m4/3 hasn't
caught up with where full frame had reached *seven years ago*.

Could the massive pixel-size difference be playing a part? Uh, yes. You
can't cheat physics.

Old April 25th 12, 09:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

"Rich" wrote in message
Bear in mind that the EOS 5D was introduced in 2005 and the G3 in
2011. In terms of dynamic range, it is disappointing that m4/3 hasn't
caught up with where full frame had reached *seven years ago*.

Could the massive pixel-size difference be playing a part? Uh, yes. You
can't cheat physics.

That's why they said even less pixels than the 5D were better still for
lower noise, higher dynamic range. Then Nikon released the D800! :-)

Trevor.